Shox vs Creighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs Creighton

Don't want to overstep my bounds by starting a game thread as a guest, but since it's an hour before gametime and no thread...

It's exciting to resume the series between Creighton and Wichita. So many memories, as mentioned in this fine Suellentrop story. http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article76624957.html

Creighton is still all pitching, defense, and small ball, but that plays well in TD Ameritrade Park. No so great at Eck. The midweek pitchers aren't great, as shown by the 3-3 midweek record. Yes, this is just Creighton's 7th midweek game of the season. The starter tonight is Stroschein who is slow and easy to hit against, then you'll likely see a freshman, Ramirez, who is fast and wild, followed by an array of Johnny Wholestaff if those two don't pan out. The Jays are terrible hitters and the overall team talent level is average, but they are well-versed in fundamentals and baseball common sense and they consistently compete with mental toughness and typically don't beat themselves.

This will be the third sport in which CU and WSU have resumed competition since Creighton bolted the Valley: WBB, VB, and now Baseball. (There is talk of a home/home in MBB starting in 2017-2018.) The only other competition between the Bluejays and MVC members since 2012-2013 has been with UNI in WBB and VB, Drake and MSU in MSOC and WSOC, and Drake in Softball.

Good luck tonight, and thanks for the MVC contract with ESPN3 which lets the game be webcast for free. I look forward to seeing the Shockers return next year to the Home of the College World Series!!

uh..........Shocker baseball is in the toilet. Just pray to God we don't "E'ville" you guys tonight. Good luck.

Comment

baseball season is still going on?
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

C'mon Shocker fans, it's a beautiful evening to get out to the park and cheer on your beloved Shox against one of their hated rivals. They need your energy. It's one of two Superbowls left on the schedule. Don't be an 'L7'.

Comment

never really started in Wichita this year

Comment

Hayes in to start a fire.

Comment

That was fun. Good job Shox.

Comment

7-3 victory for Shox. Butler given 1 year extension.

Comment

Always great to beat down the bj's! Glad Hayes didn't combust! Fire Todd Butler!

Comment

Any win against sCUm makes a good day!

Comment

lol

Still owning Creighton, even during the worst season in WSU history.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        7-3 victory for Shox. Butler given 1 year extension.
                        I'd trade that for a loss to the BJ's.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I was a bit worried with the number of scoring opportunities the Shocks did not take advantage of but they finally took advantage of some Creighton charity and the pitching held up reasonably well tonight.

The Shocker hitters seem to be coming around a bit. Still not real confident that our pitching can get the job done on a consistent basis.

Comment

I went to the game with my uncle, crowd wasn't huge by any means. Once Wsu scored and started to get a little momentum the crowd started to get into it a bit more.

I thought for sure wsu would blow it... But they kept the lead and never looked back. Whoever was on 3rd base coaching for Wsu made at least 2 bone headed moves by stopping runners at 3rd base when they could have easily scored. Mute point as they won, but not impressed with him during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              The Shocker hitters seem to be coming around a bit. Still not real confident that our pitching can get the job done on a consistent basis.
                              Very true, 1972 -- and through almost all of the last 35 years, who would ever have thought something like those two observations could be written?

It's official, notwithstanding the serviceable job by the pitchers tonight: Hell has frozen over.

Comment

Working...
                              X