• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirty rotten Creighton scum.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Even in the worst of times, somethings remain the same. Lol
      Happy for the players.

Wonder what the Butler was telling them after the game. Does he always have the team circle on the field while he pontificates? Or does he pontificate only after playing Catholic schools?

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
        uh..........Shocker baseball is in the toilet. Just pray to God we don't "E'ville" you guys tonight. Good luck.
        Hilarious and sadly true at the same time.

Comment

I went to the store late last night. Needed to stock up on some lawlz for the summer, but they were all out.

Saw this score when I got home, so now I know why.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            7-3 victory for Shox. Butler given 1 year extension.
            I sorta was thinking your thought.

While I am not a Coach Butler fan, the game was a nice win for the team and him.

As I said earlier, I am a box score guy. If you look at last night's box score, all of the batters are hitting right at 0.300 or above. It has been awhile, since I have seen that kind of hitting performance.

An aside. How did Coach Butler miss on Juco Ware and how did Coach Bredbenner miss on the pitcher over at Butler County? Just wondering.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
              I went to the game with my uncle, crowd wasn't huge by any means. Once Wsu scored and started to get a little momentum the crowd started to get into it a bit more.

I thought for sure wsu would blow it... But they kept the lead and never looked back. Whoever was on 3rd base coaching for Wsu made at least 2 bone headed moves by stopping runners at 3rd base when they could have easily scored. Mute point as they won, but not impressed with him during the game.
              This is risky. Moot point.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                As I said earlier, I am a box score guy. If you look at last night's box score, all of the batters are hitting right at 0.300 or above. It has been awhile, since I have seen that kind of hitting performance.
                There are 10 guys hitting between .287-.319. So, nobody is mashing, but the younger guys have started getting their hits fairly consistently. If they can continue that for the next couple of weeks, I might at least be able to convince myself to be a little excited about the offense next season if we are unable to change coaching staffs.

Comment

I agree. There is potential to have a good hitting team, but like you said nobody outstanding. I think we have the makings of one-third of a solid team (offense). The problem is I don't see us having a solid pitching staff for a couple years unless the incoming group for next year is just amazing.

I want to be excited too, but at the end of the day we have a bunch of good looking young hitters on an 18-31 team, in the bottom third of the 12th rated baseball conference, and our record has gotten worse and worse every year. Is this really where we want to be in the 3rd year of a new coach?
                  Last edited by shockfan89_; May 11, 2016, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I think the younger guys are hitting much better than they were earlier in the season. The seniors (Tinkham, Mucha, Kirk and Rader) not so much and now Tinkam, Kirk and Rader are all dealing with injuries or other ailments. While the younger guys are hitting better in general I think our situational hitting still leaves a lot to be desired.

And as has been discussed the improvement in the hitting is probably not nearly enough to overcome our weak pitching and team defense.

Comment

I don't want to belittle any injuries if they have been reported, but how hurt are those guys, and how much are they just done?

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        I don't want to belittle any injuries if they have been reported, but how hurt are those guys, and how much are they just done?
                        Not sure how hurt they are. Kirk is battling a bad throwing elbow so he is pretty much relegated to pinch hitting. Tinkham hurt his back in batting practice last week. Rader is apparently dealing with the same inner ear/balance issues he had last year. Whether are not they have decided enough is enough I could not say but I believe the ailments are probably real.

At this point even if they were healthy I would think the preferred approach would be to play and develop the youngsters. It's not like any of those guys (with perhaps the exception of Rader) were really playing that well pre-ailment. Tinkham was already pretty much relegated to the bench prior to his injury.

Comment

This lineup is scoring more than enough runs to win games.I wouldn't play the injured guys unless needed at this point.Question to shocker fans.Does anyone listen to Shane Dennis segment on lutz's radio show on Mondays?Seems pretty optimistic about the program compared to a little of alumni.

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                            This lineup is scoring more than enough runs to win games.I wouldn't play the injured guys unless needed at this point.Question to shocker fans.Does anyone listen to Shane Dennis segment on lutz's radio show on Mondays?Seems pretty optimistic about the program compared to a little of alumni.
                            He is also I believe considered a Wichita State employee now correct?

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                              He is also I believe considered a Wichita State employee now correct?
                              He was DOBO (or whatever) for Gene previously too, wasn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                                Take this for what it's worth: At the end of last season both Mike Kennedy and Shane Dennis said that any doubters of HCTB would be eating their words and would be singing a different tune at this time next year (meaning now). I specifically remember Mike being very adamant that we were on the right track.

They could be 100% correct that HCTB will get it done, but everyone has to acknowledge it is taking longer than expected and it is hard to point to concrete evidence that things are improving (excluding the late season surge by the young hitters).

Comment

Working...
                                X