No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If no extension is granted to HCTB he pretty much becomes a lame duck when it comes to recruiting. He probalby does not have to make it to a Super Regional to get an extension. Not sure what it will take but how they finish this season will go a long way to determining that. Then ADDB has to deterimine if he thinks it is more coslty to retain HCTB or pay him is $640,000 or whatever it is to buy-out his final two years.

If they do decide to retain him the should give him an extension but that agreement must contain a reasonable buyout provision that can be exercised at anytime. What would be reasonabl?. No more than $200,000 although these AD types seem to enjoy spending other people's money. If he declines to agree to that then you can either buy him out at the end of this year or next year or let him finiish out his contract as a lame duck.

I guess one question might be has the program declined to and has the college baseball climate changed to the point that what we now have is what we are? And we fans support that or will they only support what used to be?

Comment

• With the declining attendance at WSU games over the course of the last 6-8 years, how in the world are we able to pay Butler's salary? I was under the impression in the good ol days that Shocker baseball was able to break even. I can't imagine this program is breaking even these days.

Comment

• Our non-conference record and performance has been very good to this point with a non-conference SOS ranked 80th. Our conference record and performance has been pretty dismal to this point (4-8). If we finish the season strong and finish close to .500 in the conference I will be in the camp that says we have definitely improved.

The problem is this is year 5 and I expected this performance after year 2. As previously mentioned, we also have a team loaded with JRs and SRs and two pre-season 1st round draft selections. PCMS has done a really good job with the pitching staff to this point (I think better than anyone expected) so basically the stars have aligned for our best possible outcome and we are sitting at 4-8 in 8th place in the conference.

I think we give HCTB a one year contract extension but amend the current contract to a $100,000 buyout (let's be real, we have already made the man rich for the limited results received). My reasoning is 100% based on HCTB's recruiting ability and the improvement I have seen in the pitching staff. Although our pitching numbers are not near as good in conference play, I don't want to lose PCMS and want to see what he can do given another year and working with some of his own recruits.
        Last edited by shockfan89_; April 25, 2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• If they don't win some games in a regional then bring on Hoop

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
            If they don't win some games in a regional then bring on Hoop
            They may not even make a regional.

5-10 in conference, 8th place in a 9 team league, blunders, head-scratching mistakes continue, blah, blah, blah

I'm sure Boatright is on top of it.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

All that said, if we don't finish in the top 1/3 of the AAC, it will be time for a change.
              I wonder if he even remembers he posted this.

Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We are 10-10 in our last 20 games and 2-5 in our last 7 games.

We have not won a weekend series all year against a team over .500.

Comment

• Unearned runs and errors are not coaching issues. Seems like the boys don't do well under pressure, that's on them. They've proven, even in the off season, that they are capable players, they are not proven this in league play which is unfortunate. But considering where we have been this program has grown over last 2 years, you can't fire a coach that has shown growth, we'd be aweful again for years.let them grow....

Comment

• Shox The Revenant
                    Shox The Revenant commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It absolutely is coaching. TB shouldn't recruit kids who either can't field in real life games, or don't recruit kids who lack the mental fortitude to make plays when it matters.

• Shox should not be invited to a Regional if they can't finish at least .500 in the AAC. The Butler needs to be relieved. What happened to the #2 recruiting class from a few years back? Was it depleted due to the draft?
                  Let's face the truth... this coach is an average +/- 10games from .500 ball as a head coach. He just doesn't meet Shocker expectations and really does not deserve to be head coach anywhere at any level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post
                    Unearned runs and errors are not coaching issues. Seems like the boys don't do well under pressure, that's on them. They've proven, even in the off season, that they are capable players, they are not proven this in league play which is unfortunate. But considering where we have been this program has grown over last 2 years, you can't fire a coach that has shown growth, we'd be aweful again for years.let them grow....
                    If they aren't coaching issues then they are personnel issues, which in year 5 is 100% a coaching issue. There aren't any escape tracks left for the excuse train this year.
                    Last edited by Cdizzle; April 29, 2018, 05:59 PM. Reason: corrected auto-correct spelling error.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                      Shox should not be invited to a Regional if they can't finish at least .500 in the AAC.
                      That is not a metric the selection committee uses. There are possible 7 or 8 teams that may make the NCAA tournament with losing conference records. It total body of work. That is the depressing thing is WSU is pissing away such a good nonconference effort, and may mean an extension for butler.

The Butler needs to be relieved. What happened to the #2 recruiting class from a few years back? Was it depleted due to the draft?l.
                      He has 2 hitters who were projected as possible first round picks. The pitchers he got has some really good stuff, they just can’t get it across the plate.

Comment

• While I agree it isn't a metric they use, I think it should be. I have complained for years about the SEC teams that get in with sub .500 conference records and even if it benefits us this year I still thinks it's BS.

Comment

• Well, we have 9 games left. In a good conference. We can still make the tourney, and represent well, or we can piss down our leg and make the haters happy.

It sucks that even though we are 4 games out of 3rd, and math equations less out of 2nd, many have already given up.

Liam has had a good Freshman Year. Tyler Davis just gave us a great start on the road. We continue to get better individually, but havent been able to avoid the bad innings.

I am still hopeful we can finish strong and represent well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I wonder if he even remembers he posted this.
                            Again, obsession noted. Keep digging yourself a hole. Unlike you, I have been very consistent.

I hope we win. (28-14 is pretty good)

I think we have a great group of young men who are representing WSU well. (They do)

We should finish in the Top 1/3 of the AAC. (Still can, but have dug a hole)

We should make the tourney. (Starting to look tougher)

We should re-establish ourselves as the regional power. (8-3 record against Nebraska, Creighton, KU, KSU, ORU, OU, and OSU)

i wonder what ShockerFever’s expectations were?

1. Fail so we can fire Coach Butler.

Well, he is wishing himself into being correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post
                              Unearned runs and errors are not coaching issues. Seems like the boys don't do well under pressure, that's on them. They've proven, even in the off season, that they are capable players, they are not proven this in league play which is unfortunate. But considering where we have been this program has grown over last 2 years, you can't fire a coach that has shown growth, we'd be aweful again for years.let them grow....
                              Is this post for real? lol

They've proven in the off season? What does this even mean?

The program has grown in 2 years? rofl.

I can't believe the blindness of a few. In year FIVE. Mind-boggling.
                              Last edited by ShockerFever; April 29, 2018, 08:40 PM.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X