Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
    How is he "stealing" from us when WE hired him and gave him this ridiculous contract? He'd be an absolute moron to "retire" from the job and leave all that money on the table.

Being a "Christian" has nothing to do with this either.

Just because you're doing a poor job at your place of work doesn't mean you're "robbing" or "stealing" from the company. It just means you suck at your job.

Also, having the back-up plan of a well negotiated contract means that if you're attempting to do your job to the best of your ability, which HCTB is doing, then the company that gave you that contract has to honor it.

We're going to have to pay that buy-out and it's silly to think he's going to just walk away from it, or even negotiate a cheaper buy-out. Nobody in their right mind should just leave hundreds of thousands of dollars on the table just to be a "nice guy" to a company about to fire them.
    Because he believes in integrity? Because he knows he's hurting the very "company" that hired him? Because he understands it would be better to find employment elsewhere while still employed before his ass is fired?

Do you seriously believe he is doing the job to the best of his ability? He has clocked out.
    IF he is a man of integrity and the Christian he states, he will resign. otherwise, he should STFU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
      Do you seriously believe he is doing the job to the best of his ability?
      In terms of HCTB voluntarily resigning and walking away from $1 million it is of little relevance whether we believe that or not. It is whether he beleives that or not. I do believe that HCTB believes he is doing the job with maximum effort and to the best of his ability.

If ADDB and the fans don't believe that then they have a way out. Write the check and move on. Either way I doubt it will impair HCTB's ability to find future employment. If nothing esle he will end up as an assistant/recruiting coordinator back in the SEC or elsewhere but I think he will find work.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 27, 2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Because he believes in integrity? Because he knows he's hurting the very "company" that hired him? Because he understands it would be better to find employment elsewhere while still employed before his ass is fired?

Do you seriously believe he is doing the job to the best of his ability? He has clocked out.
        IF he is a man of integrity and the Christian he states, he will resign. otherwise, he should STFU!
        WOW. Veritas I agree with you that TB isn't the right man for the job. However, your post shows a lack of insight. Apparently you have a hatred of Christians that goes beyond understanding. Instead of analyzing TB's lack of coaching ability, you attack his character and the character of others who hold his views of life that has nothing to do with hitting and pitching. His character has absolutely nothing to do with why he should be fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          WOW. Veritas I agree with you that TB isn't the right man for the job. However, your post shows a lack of insight. Apparently you have a hatred of Christians that goes beyond understanding. Instead of analyzing TB's lack of coaching ability, you attack his character and the character of others who hold his views of life that has nothing to do with hitting and pitching. His character has absolutely nothing to do with why he should be fired.
          Don't dislike Christians at all. But as a Christian, which TB states he is, he should hold himself to a higher standard.
          This job/failure reflects a test of his character, and as a Christian, he has a clear decision to make. He can continue to do a dismal job and take (or steal) from his employer and boosters, or do the Christian thing and retire with dignity and grace. Otherwise, his Christian rhetoric is nothing more than a hypocritical front. I expect him to retire. It's the right thing to do and as a man of integrity and Christian values, I expect him to do so. Otherwise, show some backbone and turn around his program. Being a Christian is more than lip service. Let's see what he does.

Comment

Don't dislike Christians at all. But as a Christian, which TB states he is, he should hold himself to a higher standard.
            This job/failure reflects a test of his character, and as a Christian, he has a clear decision to make. He can continue to do a dismal job and take (or steal) from his employer and boosters, or do the Christian thing and retire with dignity and grace. Otherwise, his Christian rhetoric is nothing more than a hypocritical front. I expect him to retire. It's the right thing to do and as a man of integrity and Christian values, I expect him to do so. Otherwise, show some backbone and turn around his program. Being a Christian is more than lip service. Let's see what he does.
            You are out in left field and shows you have no clue what Christianity is about (grace)

If you look at his job description in his contract and his duties you will not find anything that he has not fulfilled. Performance are addressed in terms of bonuses above and beyond his salary.

Comment

• Yea this is a weird tangent. HCTB is clearly not cutting it, but plenty of folks of high character, Christian or otherwise, fail at their jobs for many reasons not attributable to a lack of integrity.

Scott Thompson is an A+++ human being whose tenure was not at all successful at WSU. The fact that he had to be shown the door does not negate the quality of his character.

Comment

• Wow! This has taken an ugly, ridiculous, and unnecessary turn.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                  Wow! This has taken an ugly, ridiculous, and unnecessary turn.
                  Necessary turn.
                  Butler the Christian not earning his money is akin to a Christian driving a car with a fish symbol on the back and having road rage.

Comment

• this is borderline insane

Comment

• WTF happened in this thread? HCTB is an amazing Christian man who has no doubt changed many lives for the better byinfluencing young people through his solid character. He is human though, he has made mistakes and has turned out to be an an average head baseball coach, which just isnt going to work here. Now, some things are more important than Shocker Baseball, and I am thankful that we have had someone with his integrity at the helm. Put yourselves in his shoes though, he knows that he will likely never be a head coach at DI university again with this kind of salary, he cannot walk away from that. I am sure in his heart he wants to succeed and will likely give it everything he has until he is shown the door. I wish no ill will on him, we owe him the money in his contract. Hopefully we can find a way to fire him to get a new coach in here, until then, hopefully something good will come out of his tenure here, even if we don't see it on the baseball field.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        this is borderline insane
                        ... and I'm sad to say I participated.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
                          WTF happened in this thread? HCTB is an amazing Christian man who has no doubt changed many lives for the better byinfluencing young people through his solid character. He is human though, he has made mistakes and has turned out to be an an average head baseball coach, which just isnt going to work here. Now, some things are more important than Shocker Baseball, and I am thankful that we have had someone with his integrity at the helm. Put yourselves in his shoes though, he knows that he will likely never be a head coach at DI university again with this kind of salary, he cannot walk away from that. I am sure in his heart he wants to succeed and will likely give it everything he has until he is shown the door. I wish no ill will on him, we owe him the money in his contract. Hopefully we can find a way to fire him to get a new coach in here, until then, hopefully something good will come out of his tenure here, even if we don't see it on the baseball field.
                          You start your post with WTF, then offer an endorsement of HCTB as a Christian man? Do all Christian men use acronyms like WTF? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but using acronyms like WTF in such a cavalier manner undercuts the whole point you're trying to make here.

I understand you think Todd is being railroaded (and I usually stay out of the baseball thread unless the Shockers are doing well) but I had to note the irony in your post.

Best of luck to you and I hope Todd can turn it around. You obviously think a lot of him.

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• So let me simply this for some of you obtuse sheep.

You dislike TB coaching and results
                              You want him fired. Disgraced.
                              I want him to resign
                              I believe based on his Christian values, he should be altruistic and depart with grace without being fired.
                              Win/Win and would provide him a teaching moment for others based on his Christian Values.

Some of you sheep are the same dolts that wanted fHCGS fired. Look where that got us.

Here endeth the lesson.

Comment

• When in doubt, always double down. Always.

Comment

Working...
                                X