No announcement yet.

Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I worry that with the cost incurred by switching conferences we won't have the funds to dump Butler for quite a while.

How much is Butler's buyout over next 3 or 4 years?
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• So could they try to say that him arguing and getting ejected prior to the fight, and then having the fight happen, all while unable to stop due to getting tossed, be held against him? I know it is a stretch, but I bet a good contract attorney could find something so there wouldn't be a buyout. These are the things a fan can only hope for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
        So could they try to say that him arguing and getting ejected prior to the fight, and then having the fight happen, all while unable to stop due to getting tossed, be held against him? I know it is a stretch, but I bet a good contract attorney could find something so there wouldn't be a buyout. These are the things a fan can only hope for now.
        We wish, but not a chance that rises to "with cause"

Comment

ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Here is my Shocker test question for the day.

Most every time I read about Shocker baseball, I utter to myself, "What was "he" thinking?"

Here is the question: Who is "he"?

It is difficult to believe that our storied baseball program, which has enjoy long term success, respect and national praise, has fallen so far and the end of the fall is not in sight.

What a mess.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              Here is my Shocker test question for the day.

Most every time I read about Shocker baseball, I utter to myself, "What was "he" thinking?"

Here is the question: Who is "he"?

It is difficult to believe that our storied baseball program, which has enjoy long term success, respect and national praise, has fallen so far and the end of the fall is not in sight.

What a mess.
              ES.

I liked 'him' more than most did. But there is no denying that this debacle is a huge stain on 'his' tenure. Always has been and always will be a great guy and a great Shocker, but just not the man for the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                So could they try to say that him arguing and getting ejected prior to the fight, and then having the fight happen, all while unable to stop due to getting tossed, be held against him? I know it is a stretch, but I bet a good contract attorney could find something so there wouldn't be a buyout. These are the things a fan can only hope for now.
                Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
                We wish, but not a chance that rises to "with cause"
                What if he punched a fan? I might be willing to take one for the team, as it were. Though that would require me to attend a baseball game, and that's not on my to-do list until the situation is resolved. Catch-22, I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  ES.

I liked 'him' more than most. But there is no denying that this debacle is a huge stain on 'his' tenure. Always has been and always will be a great guy and a great Shocker, but just not the man for the job.
                  Ding! Ding!

I am not unhappy about the hire, although I preferred Kevin Hooper. I am not unhappy about the salary. It is the contract term that sets me on fire.

Here is one of my all time favorite teams: http://www.goshockers.com/custompage...stats/1998.htm
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post

Here is one of my all time favorite teams: http://www.goshockers.com/custompage...stats/1998.htm
                    Whatever. That team had a fielding% of .965. And Hooper is too tiny to be a good D1 player.

Comment

• A couple of years ago during the Royal's WSU day, Ryan Lefebvre talked about playing the Shockers back when he was at Minnesota. He said they pitched and fielded well, but the thing he remembered best was that everyone was fast and very aggressive on the bases, the Shocks put the ball in play and ran like hell.

That's the kind of Shocker Baseball I want to see come back. Homers are fun, but with the BBcor bats the best offence might be contact and team speed.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                        A couple of years ago during the Royal's WSU day, Ryan Lefebvre talked about playing the Shockers back when he was at Minnesota. He said they pitched and fielded well, but the thing he remembered best was that everyone was fast and very aggressive on the bases, the Shocks put the ball in play and ran like hell.

That's the kind of Shocker Baseball I want to see come back. Homers are fun, but with the BBcor bats the best offence might be contact and team speed.
                        Bingo! Put the ball in play and force the other team to make plays. When the Royals were clicking the past few years, that was their style.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                          I just want BBIQ higher that a catcher' mitt from the head coach on down. The rest would come.

There are physically good ballplayers on the roster. They need to be coached up.
                          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Last Monday, Butler was talking about diluting the non-con schedule because the AAC opponents would be plenty to bolster the at-large resume'. No more LSU. No more TTU. etc. Seriously, Coach? Why not try to make your team competitive on a NATIONAL scale? Perhaps they could learn from quality programs how to go about their business in order to become relevant again.

SMH. This whole thing continues to piss me off ...
                            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                              Last Monday, Butler was talking about diluting the non-con schedule because the AAC opponents would be plenty to bolster the at-large resume'. No more LSU. No more TTU. etc. Seriously, Coach? Why not try to make your team competitive on a NATIONAL scale? Perhaps they could learn from quality programs how to go about their business in order to become relevant again.

I think we have cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                                Last Monday, Butler was talking about diluting the non-con schedule because the AAC opponents would be plenty to bolster the at-large resume'. No more LSU. No more TTU. etc. Seriously, Coach? Why not try to make your team competitive on a NATIONAL scale? Perhaps they could learn from quality programs how to go about their business in order to become relevant again.

Compare that to 3G's comments about scheduling post-Valley. I think he said they would always try to put together the best non-con schedule they could. Ironically, this may actually be easier in the AAC than it was in the Valley of Dearth.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 17, 2017, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X