Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hire Keyser Soze

Comment

• Hooper expressed interest but wasn't even interviewed.

Comment

• HOpefully, it wOn't be long before doc is Posting some of his coded mEssages on this thRead.

Comment

• Wouldn't it bE wonDerful to brinG back a true shockEr?
          The Assman

Comment

• i Would rathEr see the Dude who would GEt the most national buzz. You never know til you ask.

I'm an idiot. Never saw your post Shurtz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
              i Would rathEr see the Dude who would GEt the most national buzz. You never know til you ask.

I'm an idiot. Never saw your post Shurtz.
              F the national buzz. The people who have done well at WSU have largely not been the "good guy" types like Ol Roy or Bill Self. It takes a guy who is willing to flip the bird, stir the **** pot and demands results. Turgeon, Gene, old man Smithson, Ralph Miler and especially Marshall fit that stereotype. Butler, is in the Ol Roy camp and is a guy who is as solid as an oak, family friendly and the guy you invite to the Sunday afternoon chicken fry at the Church. He knows how to recruit and wants results However, that's not Wichita State and never has been. If the new baseball coach doesn't have a little a-hole in him that isn't afraid to upset the apple cart, then we will be right back here in 5 years. Nobody else in the State or region will be pulling for him to succeed, just us that will be all he has. However. I think we have proven that just us, can be damn powerful though. Now, the guy better be able to coach and recruit while keeping his head on straight. *See Randy Smithson. That guy wanted to succeed more than anybody, was able to recruit 2 guys who both should have been in the Shocker Hall of Fame, one of which had All American talent. However, the whole thing fell apart mostly due to self inflicted issues. However, Randy proved you could win and land good recruits. Randy Led us to Turgeon and then than Marshall. Right now with Baseball we are in the Mike Cohen era. A Randy Smithson type looks pretty damn good and a Turgeon level is the new dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
                Butler, is in the Ol Roy camp and is a guy who is as solid as an oak, family friendly and the guy you invite to the Sunday afternoon chicken fry ...
                Wow, that does not describe Roy at all. Roy can better be described as a privileged, drunk, foul mouthed, PGA golfer wannabe. He is a completely arrogant jerk with a mouth that makes sailors blush. Note: I am not saying PGA golfers are jerks -- it's those washed up country club hacks that never quite made it that are the jerks. The wannabes. You know the type. That's Roy too.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Is the athletic department really gonna put up with another year of this bullshit to cover Eric Sexton's blunder?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• We HAVE to be getting close, right?

Comment

• What are you guys talking about? Last year at this point we were 11-22. 16-16 is a huge improvement. Do you really think the AD is going to make a move if we finish above .500 when last season ADDB said he was sticking with his guy after a 21-37 season?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                        What are you guys talking about? Last year at this point we were 11-22. 16-16 is a huge improvement. Do you really think the AD is going to make a move if we finish above .500 when last season ADDB said he was sticking with his guy after a 21-37 season?
                        Did Boatright still have the 'interim' tag last spring? I don't have the feeling Butler is 'Boatright's guy.' He didn't hire the man or structure his contract.

He has bought a lot of goodwill from me by navigating the conference change. He can start challenging Schaus if he fixes the baseball situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          Did Boatright still have the 'interim' tag last spring? I don't have the feeling Butler is 'Boatright's guy.' He didn't hire the man or structure his contract.

He has bought a lot of goodwill from me by navigating the conference change. He can start challenging Schaus if he fixes the baseball situation.
                          ADDB probably has this problem: 1) What he'd like to do, vs 2) What WSU will afford him to do.

WSU has just spent and given away a lot of $$$$$s.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            ADDB probably has this problem: 1) What he'd like to do, vs 2) What WSU will afford him to do.

WSU has just spent and given away a lot of $$$$$s.
                            This.

- Jody Adam's buyout.
                            - No NCAA distribution from the MVC.
                            - Entrance fee to AAC.
                            - Chipping in to help AAC teams pay for the extra travel next year.

Who is writing the HCTB buyout check?

Comment

• I do think we will have Butler as we start the AAC. He may have been gifted an extra two season by this move to the AAC and the financial stuff going on. I guess we will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Yes, he did have the 'interim' tag last Spring. I agree with you, but this an excerpt from an article I was remembering after last year.

"Coach Todd Butler will return in 2017 for his fourth season with a 78-98 record, 32-31 in MVC play. Interim athletic director Darron Boatright backed Butler, who has four years remaining on a guaranteed contract, earlier this week, saying that Butler has his full support."

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy
                                Last edited by shockfan89_; April 12, 2017, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X