Fire Todd Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by podunkboy View Post
    WSU makes it official. http://goshockers.com/news/2016/6/6/...ing-coach.aspx

I can't imagine a 21-year-old being named pitching coach of a college team these days. Of course, back in the 70's, things were different.
    Remember the head coach that hired him was only on a month to month contract himself making $1000 a month. Gene also had to beg and borrow for equipment because he had no budget. And the school could only fund about half the allowed baseball scholarships. An inexperienced 21 year old is the only kind of coach Gene could have gotten back then.

It is a good thing he chose wisely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
      I am wrong and way off base. Thanks for the catch.

rdr
      It was centered around Boatwright so you weren't off base.
      Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
        It was centered around Boatwright so you weren't off base.
        Thanks. Another poster, who I trust greatly, just said the same comment to me.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Coach Kemnitz had several years remaining on his contract and it included a pretty fat salary per year. I don't remember the figgers, but SB will know.

So, why did he quit?

Was there a settlement?

Do he have another job in hand?

Something does not ring true.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• More native unrest.
            Attached Files
            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
              My, how our standards are changing. I don't necessarily disagree with your answer but this answer would have drawn a firestorm of comments 10 years ago.
              I disagree. That was comparing late 2000s Gene to Glory Days Gene. Now people are trying to justify Butler's continued employment because of how bad 2000s Gene was. I'm simply pointing out that 2000s Gene was a hell of a lot better than the crap we have now. If we hold Butler to the same Glory Days Gene standard that Stephenson was held to, we'd have run Butler out of town on a rail 3 months ago.

Comment

• I say give the man another year and see what the movement is. Is the program where any of us want it to be? No. I used to be a season ticket holder since the 1980's. Was. I gave up my seats 3 years before GS departure because of what was taking place in the program and the lack of seeming concern by the staff as well as the attitude.Tough to win many games when you lose your best two pitchers two years in a row. The program needs to finish in the top 3 next year or I would be in favor a an adjustment being made.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  I say give the man another year and see what the movement is. Is the program where any of us want it to be? No. I used to be a season ticket holder since the 1980's. Was. I gave up my seats 3 years before GS departure because of what was taking place in the program and the lack of seeming concern by the staff as well as the attitude.Tough to win many games when you lose your best two pitchers two years in a row. The program needs to finish in the top 3 next year or I would be in favor a an adjustment being made.
                  Top 3? A 3rd place finish in a crap league in year 4 is now acceptable?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    Top 3? A 3rd place finish in a crap league in year 4 is now acceptable?
                    I read it as acceptable as a milepost, not a destination. Would a top three finish not be a big improvement?
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      I read it as acceptable as a milepost, not a destination. Would a top three finish not be a big improvement?
                      Who gives a crap if it's an improvement? It's 3rd place in a crap league in year 4.

Stephenson "backed into a regional appearance" but we're good with finishing 3rd in the league under the new coach. The crap people are buying into is unbelievable. If 3rd place was OK, why in the hell did we ever make a change to begin with? At least the old guy had done something somewhere along the line.

Comment

• 147-144+21-37= 168 - 181
                        Last edited by DUShock; June 7, 2016, 03:32 PM.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Maybe, just maybe, Dr. Bardo will walk Into Eck Stadium someday and see only 50 people In the seats and clean house. I hope It's IADDB, HCTB and the two little followers. Needs to happen sooner than later I hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                            147-144+21-37= 168 - 181

Also, 7th, 5th, 6th, 4th, T-3rd, T-5th

Comment

• Maybe, just maybe, Dr. Bardo will walk Into Eck Stadium someday and see only 50 people In the seats and clean house. I hope It's IADDB, HCTB and the two little followers. Needs to happen sooner than later I hope.

Comment

• @MBB123: fire for effect!
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X