X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs CSF

Tonight's game at 9pm should be broadcasted live at:

10-1 is my prediction.

I'll keep you all in suspense who the victor is.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      10-1 is my prediction.

That close??
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        That close??
        Fullerton isn't a good hitting team.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

5-2

Comment

sweet just got done watching Cloverfield (didnt like it) so this will keep me entertained for a little bit.

Comment

After giving up 2 runs on an error, a double and a single Sam Tewes apparently tweaked/injured something (his back?) on a pick off throw to 1st and had to come out of the game.

Chase Williams was brought in and got out of the inning although he was a bit on the wild side.

Comment

9-1 loss.

Shocker pitching walked 11

Shocker hitters struck out 11

No positives that I can see, except the program is 1 game closer to hiring Hooper.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  No positives that I can see, except the program is 1 game closer to hiring Hooper.
                  Well the box score looks like a reprint of the team roster so a lot of guys are getting to play. The participation ribbons will be plentiful this year.

No word on what Sam Tewes' injury situation is. Sam is either cursed or he is just fragile.

Comment

Not a lot of bright spots right now. I hope Sam is fine and can be back soon.

Question for the group, everyone seems to have gotten opportunities to show what they can do. Why hasn't Jordan Boyer gotten more looks? I know HCTB wants big sticks in the line-up but Jordan is hitting .667 in 3 ABs, has a single, a triple, 3 RBIs and 4 runs scored. He has also walked once, been HBP, and hasn't SO. He has only had one attempt in the field but is error-less, he has a slugging % of 1.333 and OB % of .800 both of which are about twice the closest person behind him. I know he has had limited at-bats, but that is my point, why?

And before anyone says it, I am not Jordan's uncle or cousin or mother. Just looking through the stats his numbers jump out and it isn't like everyone else is doing so great that he just hasn't had a shot. Jordan has played 3B and not sure why he couldn't DH. Greyson Jenista, who was hitting under .200, has started 4 games at DH and played in all 13 games. Alec Bohm (.255) has started 10 games and played in all 13. Nothing at all against Greyson and Alec but why not give Jordan a chance to maintain those incredible numbers? Is HCTB that hung up on physical size? Greyson is listed at 6-4, 240, Bohm is 6-5, 240 and Jordan is 6-1, 189. It's not like Jordan is small... By the way, all are Fr INFs (Jordan is a RFr).

Comment

Not sure you can read too much into Jordan's stats since the sample size is so small. The coaches have the advantage of seeing Jordan everyday in practice.

I don't see Jordon supplanting either Kirk or Vickers in the middle of the infield. HCTB just converted Luke Ritter from middle infield to LF to get his bat in the lineup. You aren't going to supplant Mucha in CF and Dugas has come on in RF after a horrendous start to the year.

So that kind of leaves 3B and DH as the options for Jordan. Chase Rader and Alex Bohm seem to have the upper hand at 3B but Jordan did go 2-2 with 3 RBI at 3B in relief of Rader in Game 3 of the SHS series accounting for pretty much all of his offensive production this year.

Alec Bohm and Travis Young both went 0-2 out of the DH slot last night against CSF. Against OU Jenista was 0-2 with 2 walks. Against Sam Houston State Bohm and Jenista combined to go 5-14 with 2 walks which wasn't bad.

With such a small sample size to go on for Jordan it is kind of hard to 2nd guess the coaches on this one. However, we aren't winning anything so what do you have to lose. I say give the kid a shot and see what happens.

That said the Shocks' Achilles hell this year is clearly their pitching.

Now if Jordan could pitch a bit and actually be able to find the plate and get some guys out he would be in like Flynn.

Hopefully Willie Schwanke can at least give the Shocks a fighting chance today.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 12, 2016, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        10-1 is my prediction.

Pretty close eh? CSF I believe had the 10th run on 2nd in the 8th but failed to get it in.

I'll try again: 8-3
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Wow! Top of the 1st, 9 pitches, 9 strikes. Down in order...

Comment

And the leadoff hitter for CSF goes yard followed by a BB and a double, 2 ground outs and a single. 0-3 after 1 inning
                            Last edited by shockfan89_; March 12, 2016, 08:21 PM.

Comment

WSU has 1 hit thru 6 innings. Trailing 5-0.

Comment

Working...
                              X