RBI chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBI chase

Dusty has 23 RBI. The question is can Conor or anyone else catch him? Conor has 15 after gaining ground by 3 last night. Tyler Weber has 11. The race is on.
    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Yeah anyone can catch him. Its a long season and Coleman has tapered off a bit after that hot start. I don't see him hitting with the consistancy that conor will for the season and with conor being in front of him in the line up Conor may steal a good deal of potential rbis from him. Conor is very very good with or without runners on or in scoring position. Conor will finish the year with the team lead in rbis again... Just my prediction. Well unless teams want to go back o giving Dusty fist pitch fastballs again which I think is where about 4/5 Early homers came from. I would much rather face dusty than conor if i was a pitcher.

Comment

Conor will dust everyone in the RBI race. Conor has few holes in his swing and can hit anything. Dusty has some work to do, but he's proven he has the potential to be something special offensively as well as defensively. No one can reasonably expect Dusty to maintain the pace he started with - 23 RBI and 5 HR in 11 games. What would that be, 35 home runs and 160 RBI over the course of a 75 game season? :shock:

Comment

Conor picked up one more today now it is 23 to 16 closing the gap.
        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Maybe it should have been what game will Conor take the lead?

Comment

Conor get 1 RBI. Can't gain ground because Dusty gets 1RBI also.

Comment

The more in the RBI chase, the merrier.

I hope we have great competition for the team lead in all the important stats.

Conor though may have decided no one is going to catch him in BA.

Comment

Well said 1972Shocker

Comment

edit

Comment

I'm rooting for Conor because I want him to be the first shocker to lead RBIs for 3 years.

Comment

RBI Chase today Weber 3, Gillaspie 2, and Coleman 1 in the double header today.

Comment

What about Jonsey. Genes pet is terring it up.

Comment

I would bet my car that anyone else on the shocker bench given the opurtunity that Jonsey has gotten the last two years. Would be doing way better. But Gene always says. I dont know what it is about this kid but he is going to be special. Hello any one given as many chances as this kid will surely be special.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornshock
                            I would bet my car that anyone else on the shocker bench given the opurtunity that Jonsey has gotten the last two years. Would be doing way better. But Gene always says. I dont know what it is about this kid but he is going to be special. Hello any one given as many chances as this kid will surely be special.
                            You do realize that Jones only had 58 AB's last year don't you? That is only about 1 AB every 1.25 games.

As far as this year - others have had their opportunties to do some things. They have not made the most of their opportunities.

Jones is not tearing it up at the plate, but he did hit at LBS (5-14, 0.357) and is hitting 0.307 after his 1-10 start to the season. He also is leading the team in SB, finds a way to score (1st in runs scored) and shown to be a pretty good fielder.

Gene may have his favorites, but he wants to win and will reward guys who take advantage of opportunities. I remember a guy in '99 of Andy Schreiber. He wasn't even on the weekend roster IIRC early in the season, got to play during a week day game. Made the most of it. Got an opportunity against Indiana St. made the most of it and all of a sudden they found room for him in the lineup He went on to Hit a couple HR against SIU in a game, had a 6 RBI game against Illinois St. He went from a guy who really had no role to guy who ended up starting 23 games and contributing member of the offense.

Comment

I do rrealize that Mckeever, Bascue and Lassley had a lot less at bats last year. And all had a better batting average. Mckeever had 18 at bats. Geez imagine what he would have done with 58. I would bet my other car those guys would have done better with 50 at bats. I can see why Gene is rewarding a 1.55 hitter and now a under .300 hitter. He must want to win really bad. You are just like Gene a hometown boy. Dont let that cloud your judgement. Mckeever had 0 hits today. Jones had one. I can see your point. Not! Jones will be in the lineup. Mckeever wont.

Comment

Working...
                              X