Shox versus Frogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox versus Frogs

This weekend looks to be a low scoring affair between the two teams. TCU is batting .262 as a team while the Shox are hitting at a .245 clip against similar type competition (LBSU and WSU).

TCU has played a tough schedule thus far, 11 games against teams in the Top 75 RPI and has wins against Fullerton, Tulane, Pepperdine, and Ole Miss (2X). According to warrennolan RPI, they are ranked #22 in RPI and have played the 16th most difficult schedule thus far. We have the 137th rated RPI and have played the 215th hardest schedule.

We desperately need at least two wins against this team to help our non-con resume' and to make up for that disaster of a showing in Long Beach.

By the way, here is a handy little site to get daily scores and live stats for college baseball. Please add to your favorites if you like.

I’m everything a gentleman could wish for. I have silky long hair, sensual lips, shapely natural bust and the perfect long legs that seems to go forever.

Comment

We desperately need at least two wins against this team to help our non-con resume' and to make up for that disaster of a showing in Long Beach.
      KCSHOX - Your killing me dude, get over the Long Beach drama, it is over. Your pessimism is bringing the whole net down. The fact that they were swept was unfortunate to say the least; however I was there, and I will tell you that a hit here and some luck there and we should (should being the operative word) have won the first 2 games of that series. Don't proceed to tell us how this team is based on the stats you look at. If you have not been to the ballpark to actually see them play, don't be so pathetically negative. They are 8-3, and although you base there minimal success to the quality of teams to this point, I believe both Fordham and Harvard have a legit shot at postseason, which would mean maybe they don't "suck" after all.

My point is, maybe the Shockers won't amount to anything based on your net and statistical observations, but based on my actually participating in 10 of the 11 games played on the field, they are a pleasure to watch and I look forward to watching them get even better than I already think they are and proving your negativity completely wrong.

All that being said, I do honestly sense you to be true Shocker baseball fan, I just wish that with all the piss and vinegar you throw their way, maybe you could toss in a little sugar just to let us know that you really do think we have a shot.

Look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by ddog44
        KCSHOX - Your killing me dude, get over the Long Beach drama, it is over. Your pessimism is bringing the whole net down. The fact that they were swept was unfortunate to say the least; however I was there, and I will tell you that a hit here and some luck there and we should (should being the operative word) have won the first 2 games of that series. Don't proceed to tell us how this team is based on the stats you look at. If you have not been to the ballpark to actually see them play, don't be so pathetically negative. They are 8-3, and although you base there minimal success to the quality of teams to this point, I believe both Fordham and Harvard have a legit shot at postseason, which would mean maybe they don't "suck" after all.

My point is, maybe the Shockers won't amount to anything based on your net and statistical observations, but based on my actually participating in 10 of the 11 games played on the field, they are a pleasure to watch and I look forward to watching them get even better than I already think they are and proving your negativity completely wrong.

All that being said, I do honestly sense you to be true Shocker baseball fan, I just wish that with all the piss and vinegar you throw their way, maybe you could toss in a little sugar just to let us know that you really do think we have a shot.

Look forward to hearing from you in the future.
        I agree except the part about hearing from kc in the future

Comment

Save the drama for your mama. Last time I checked it was a message board and I can say whatever I damn well please. Whether or not you like or dislike what I say is your choice and you have that right as a member of this great message board.

Now, I don't have to be in Long Beach, CA to know what happened out there. Stats and scoreboard speak for themselves. Baseball is not a fickle sport, you either make plays or you don't. Bottom line, we got ran and your 'if's and but's' defense is absurd. It's almost as bad as enjoying moral victories. You know what close counts for don't you?

Fordham and Harvard are possible tourney teams huh....ummmm - okay. Fordham by the way is 6-5 after starting the season 0-5. They did win 4 in a row against Farleigh Dickenson so if you want to hang your hat on the Fordham win, feel free but I'm not impressed. By the way, who is Farleigh Dickenson?

We are 6-3 by the way - those two wins over a D2 and NAIA program are only good for adding to Gene's win column.

If you think the Shox have played and represented themselves thus far in the seaon as a Top 25 team then so be it, but I will go so far as to say you are wrong. We have only remained in the Top 25 because the so-called experts see the potential which I would agree with, I'm just waiting to see this team start playing like one.

Comment

I agree the LBSU sweep was bad, but it's time to get over it. It happens. It was our second weekend of play against a team that had been practicing outdoors for a month.

By the way, LBSU was blanked by Western Illinois at home 3-0 this week. Western Illinois is now 1-7 on the year, with LBSU being their only win. I guess they're done.. :roll:

It's time to move on and concentrate on a sweep this weekend. That would pretty much erase the LBSU series and gets us a move back up in the polls.

KC, you gonna share any of your lottery winnings from last night with us?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

IMO too much emphasis is being placed on the LBS series. History has shown we do not fare well in February games against top 20 programs – Gene ran it down on the radio. LBS is not going to make or break the season. Now if we start getting swept going forward then that’s a different story.

Comment

Two years ago we swept Long Beach on the road and a month later had one of the worst hitting slumps in the history of the program. Its a long season.

Comment

I was at Long Beach. That series pointed out that we have some areas to shore up, specifically our relief pitching, and we needed to take a better approach at the plate, but I saw no reason to do a Chicken Little. We did a lot of things well. Our starting pitching was good, our defense was spectacular, and we put a lot of people on base in scoring position. I think we left 10 runners at third base on Friday, but nearly every one with two outs and we just couldn't get a key hit to fall in.

With the uniform starting date this year, I think we'll see some of those otherwise top 10 sunbelt teams come back to the back a bit via midweek losses. We're not out of anything and it's simply..."premature" to suggest otherwise.

Comment

So... about the series this weekend... I hope tonight doesn't get rained on. Weather.com says there is a 50% chance of rain by 8pm.
                    www.myspace.com/clarensau
                    it's what i do

Comment

Originally posted by Clarensauce
                      So... about the series this weekend... I hope tonight doesn't get rained on. Weather.com says there is a 50% chance of rain by 8pm.

I hope it doesn't rain. I don't think I can endure another double-header...... 8)
                      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                        IMO too much emphasis is being placed on the LBS series. History has shown we do not fare well in February games against top 20 programs – Gene ran it down on the radio. LBS is not going to make or break the season. Now if we start getting swept going forward then that’s a different story.
                        KC is the only one doom and glooming due to the LBS series. Thats just how the guy rolls. I think someone must piss in his lunch pail everyday and he feels the need to pass it on to us. I find its much more enjoyable to be in a decent mood or optimistic from time to time rather then expect and assume the worst. god it would suck if I woke up with that attitude like KC every single day of my life. I would kill myself and if i didnt I sure as hell would want to. He just feels he needs to remind all of us of the impending doom more than once, twice or even three times in a single thread. Just making sure he brings us all down to his level if you will. He says hes not a half empty guy... he's just a "realist". Well any realist knows that losing a series to a very very good long beach state club isnt going to make or break the season or our chances at hosting a regional for that matter. Last I checked those decisions were made and based on the whole of the season and not the second series only of the season. But maybe I'm just being way to optimistic :sarcasm:

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb
                          With the uniform starting date this year, I think we'll see some of those otherwise top 10 sunbelt teams come back to the back a bit via midweek losses. We're not out of anything and it's simply..."premature" to suggest otherwise.
                          Even with the uniform starting date, the warmer climate teams can still practice outside for a longer period of time. WSU will rarely be able to practice outside on Feb 1st, the uniform start date for practice in the spring. Unless the climate changes dramatically, teams in the south and in California will always have a leg up on the colder climate areas. Being on the field and playing inter-squad games against live pitching helps more than being in the cage, hitting off of a machine.
                          "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                            Originally posted by Clarensauce

I hope it doesn't rain. I don't think I can endure another double-header...... 8)
                            If it does rain us out, I hope it doesn't come an inning or two into the game and we lose a starter after only a couple of innings.

Radar doesn't look too bad right know, although there is some light rain starting to build out to he west. Hard to tell whether that is reaching the ground or not. Seems pretty light. Harder rains seem to be to the North.

Crossing my fingers we will get this in.

Comment

Great catch in right-center by Ryan Jones to take a double away from the Horny Frogs!

Mike and Terry were almost speechless.

Nice to have 3 centerfielders in the outfield.

:clap: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

Working...
                              X