New Outfield Scoreboard/Video Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Outfield Scoreboard/Video Board

BROOKINGS, S.D. – Nov. 30, 2015 – Shocker fans will have a bigger reason to cheer when the 2016 baseball season begins as Wichita State University has partnered with Daktronics (NASDAQ-DAKT) of Brookings, South Dakota, to provide a new LED video display that will be top five in all of college baseball at nearly 1,300 square feet. Installation will begin early in 2016 at Eck Stadium, home of Tyler Field in Wichita, Kansas.

Measuring 20.5' x 63.5', which will be in the top five largest video boards in the college ranks.

Great news, as the existing board is all but useless for anything other than the score.

Comment

Sadly, that tiny existing video board was functionally obsolete the day it was installed.

Comment

That rendering is awful. Where are the oversized corporate signage spots that are nearly as big (or as big) as the video screen? Who cares about watching a stupid video of Sam's boring home run against Illinois State in the Valley Tournament when you can have ginormous sign that shows that State Farm is a corporate sponsor of Shocker Athletics? No priorities, I tell you...

(Tongue firmly planted in cheek...)
        Last edited by WuShock16; November 30, 2015, 08:31 PM.
        78-65

Comment

That was a fun team to root for. Ahh, the oi' days.

Comment

Hopefully the product on the field will be worthy of the new board.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              http://goshockers.com/news/2015/11/2...124152020.aspx

Measuring 20.5' x 63.5', which will be in the top five largest video boards in the college ranks.
              SUH-WHEAT!!!

��������
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

What great news! I needed my binoculars to read the old board.This will be fantastic.

Comment

The greatest thing about the new board is the giant clock underneath. :wink-new: We all know how many people were PO'd when the new basketball board didn't have a clock on it...

Comment

3 guys with at least a cup of coffee in the bigs in that lineup...any chance we see that ever again? Maybe the new scoreboard will be the key.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                      SUH-WHEAT!!!

��������
                      Why did we give up 7 runs? Shouldn't a new scoreboard show all zeros for opponents?
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                        Why did we give up 7 runs? Shouldn't a new scoreboard show all zeros for opponents?
                        OTOH hand showing the Shocks with 13 runs on 18 hits in 7 innings is extremely optimistic. At least they have us winning.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                          The greatest thing about the new board is the giant clock underneath. :wink-new: We all know how many people were PO'd when the new basketball board didn't have a clock on it...
                          You don't need a clock in baseball you could use a sun dial.:)

Comment

The problem I have is that Musgrave is getting ready to start his sixth inning .... in relief, yet ... and has supposedly given up 1 run on 3 hits, despite the Bearkats (who we did not play in 2008) scoring 6 runs in the previous 5 frames. Can't be unearned runs, because we've got no errors.

Daktronics (or WSU) clearly doesn't test its graphic designers for sports acumen when hiring.
                            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                              SUH-WHEAT!!!
                              Golly-Gee, It must have been an exciting game. 20 runs through 7 innings. Lots of offense.
                              Last edited by Shocker-maniac; December 1, 2015, 07:09 PM.
                              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                              X