Season tix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    Getting more fans out to the ballpark, and allowing them to sit in the actual stadium (blue/green/yellow seats) will help the atmosphere tremendously. Which will make it more fun for the fans. Which will probably help the team. And would DEFINITELY help recruiting, which would in turn help the future teams. Seems like an obvious fix. Supply doesn't match demand. And now is the time to do it. No way the athletic department is hurting for cash right now.
    I have thought this for a number of years now. If the greatest demand from seating is on the hill then raise those prices a little bit but lower prices across the board inside the stadium. My guess is that the full pricing of season tickets (or is that over-pricing) this year will probably result in lower revenues to the team this year. I would limit reserve seating to the box seats and make the rest of the stadium general admission. I would price the box seats at $10 on a per game basis and $150 for a season tickets. I would price GA tickets at $6 per game and $90 per season tickets with Hill passes slightly higher. I would also sell some 10-admission and 20-admission punch passes at $50 and $90 respectively. Box seat season ticket holders would have a window to buy their seats for any post-season play at a 10% discount and GA season ticket holders would have a window to purchase reserved seating for post-season play.

Comment

My pricing structure suggestion would be:

Reserved Seats
      Blue seats: $10/$150
      Green seats: $8/$120
      Yellow seats: $6/$90

GA Seats
      Bleachers & Hill: $5/no season ticket, but have a punch pass (yes I know the hill is popular, but pricing it different makes for a royal pain in management)

At $90 for a yellow reserved seat, I would have no problem dropping the $$$ for two or three.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        The regular prices certainly don't align with the product on the field. That's for sure.

I agree that they need to drop prices to build up the fanbase again and make it a more viable option. It just isn't enticing to pay $10 a game to watch sub .500 baseball. This isn't the glory years anymore. Adjustments would be wise. But will they? Has ticket prices in any sport ever decreased from one year to the next? Doubt it.

If they don't make adjustments, I hope they get excited seeing 200 fans in the ballpark on game day. I too was a purchaser of the discounted season tickets last year. We got 4 of them. I think we made it out to 5 games last year. I'm not sure if that even broke us even or not. Regardless, even at a discounted price, it was hard to watch shittiy baseball with a Westurban type atmosphere at the game.
        Im curious what the "Westurban type atmosphere" is. Can you explain? I am really just curious what that atmosphere is?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxdad1969 View Post
          Im curious what the "Westurban type atmosphere" is. Can you explain? I am really just curious what that atmosphere is?
          No atmosphere at all. Little league if you will.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ccrunner101 View Post
            I would be shocked if they didn't do that again. They didnt exactly have a type of season to make everyone who bought those cheap tickets want to pay more for them now.
            I am not planning to renew my season tickets until I find out that they are not giving them away again. Why pay $450 for three season tickets when you can get them for under $100?

Comment

I just got a call from the ticket office advising me I missed the renewal deadline and asking me if I wanted to renew my season tickets. I asked the renewal price and was quoted the $260 per seat. Needless to say I said no thank you...

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                I just got a call from the ticket office advising me I missed the renewal deadline and asking me if I wanted to renew my season tickets. I asked the renewal price and was quoted the $260 per seat. Needless to say I said no thank you...
                I received the same call this afternoon. I told them that the only reason that I bought them last year was because it was just to good of a deal to pass up and that I generally only attend games in the latter half of the season because of my work schedule and because I really do not enjoy cold weather baseball. I would just go back to my buying tickets on a game-by-game basis.

Comment

Any word on if they are going to do what the did with the fire sale last year? Season is getting close.

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                    I won't give them a cent until I know for sure they are not doing the fire sale like last year.I bought one at full price in the green seats like I always do and was not happy when they sold seats for penny's later.
                    Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                    Any word on if they are going to do what the did with the fire sale last year? Season is getting close.
                    I got the same call as others mentioned and said I'd pass, but then, I've always gotten punch cards in other years. As far as what they're going to do, it looks like nothing. However, if it were me and I went ahead and bought season tickets, I certainly let them know what happened to me last year, how I felt about it, and if it happens again, I'll expect a refund for the difference or I'm done with season tickets. Don't recommend, but I'd probably be pissed enough to place an editorial in paper saying why. They seem to make an incorrect assumption that everyone has the money to burn.

I know I'm not being a "loyal Shocker" here, but I was very surprised by how much of a discount they did last year and that's the rub.

Comment

I don't think anyone will question your loyalty in this case. It's very frustrating! The season ticket holders showed their loyalty to the program after a 31-28 season (2014) by paying full price to renew, only to have this fire sale sell the same seats at 50% off. That might have worked as a one-time ploy to win back people that had some bad feelings or to build excitement based on the #2 recruiting class. But now after a 26-33 record in 2015 it appears the move backfired and just pissed off the season ticket holders.

I pay a little over $1,000 per season for 4 seats. I won't continue to do that if the product on the field doesn't improve dramatically over what we have seen the past few years. I know several posters have recommended a revised pricing structure and I think it's past time to implement that. Prices go up during the good years and they should go down during the bad ones. We have lost more games than we have won over the past two seasons so the prices should have gone down significantly for this season...

Comment

Yellow seats should be GA....

Comment

If this year's season ticket sales are lagging (I have no idea if they are or aren't) do you think they will trigger a fire sale? Or will they just do a LOT of game by game and weekend by weekend promotions?

I wish they would just simply realize that season and single game ticket prices are just simply on the high side if you want butts in seats. As posted earlier, single game tickets should range from $5 to $10 at full price, and season tickets accordingly lower as well.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

It boggles my mind that they fail to understand that the product on the field does not warrant the season ticket prices. I will end up attending, at best, a handful of games with or without season tix. As it currently stands, I will will be keeping more money in my pocket than I otherwise would have with the fire sale box seats.

Go Shocks!
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Seems they also need to comprehend that more people at the park equals more concession sales. My extended family often take in the free or $1 nights at the Wingnuts, but I guarantee you we are then dropping anywhere from $5 to $10 per person on concessions.

Comment

Has anyone actually renewed their tickets?i had 3 and have not but I may get a punch pass or 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X