Season tix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season tix?

Kinda wanting to buy a group of 3 season tix. How much am I looking for each?
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Field Box (blue seats): $260
    Concourse Box (green): $235
    Chairback (yellow): $155

There were some really good season ticket deals last season right before the season starts, but I would doubt that it is done again.
    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      http://goshockers.com/documents/2015...ces_Sheet1.pdf

There were some really good season ticket deals last season right before the season starts, but I would doubt that it is done again.
      If they don't do specials again then they should just lower the prices. $260 is too much to pay for a team that finished with a losing record last year and has only been to the post season once in the last 6 years. That is more than most Valley fans pay for their basketball season tickets :fatigue:

Comment

I imagine they will do the fire sale again. They may wait to see how season ticket sales go, but with basketball still going strong into March fewer people think about baseball now so the sale is necessary to drive season ticket sales.

My guestimate for onegreatracer is:

Field Box (blue seats): $450 for 3
        Concourse Box (green): $350 for 3
        Chairback (yellow): $300 for 3

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          http://goshockers.com/documents/2015...ces_Sheet1.pdf

I would be shocked if they didn't do that again. They didnt exactly have a type of season to make everyone who bought those cheap tickets want to pay more for them now.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
            I imagine they will do the fire sale again. They may wait to see how season ticket sales go, but with basketball still going strong into March fewer people think about baseball now so the sale is necessary to drive season ticket sales.

My guestimate for onegreatracer is:

Field Box (blue seats): $450 for 3
            Concourse Box (green): $350 for 3
            Chairback (yellow): $300 for 3
            Because it is commonplace for consumers to buy tickets in lots of three?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Because it is commonplace for consumers to buy tickets in lots of three?
              No, because onegreatracer said they wanted 3 so I took a guess at what it would cost for 3. The discount/reduction is what I feel he/she might expect to pay based on last year's prices. I guess I could have also stated it like this:

Field Box (blue seats): $150
              Concourse Box (green): $115 - $120
              Chairback (yellow): $100

Comment

I will cut to the chase come baseball renewal time and proactively offer my renewal at the last year's level, which was essentially 2 of 1 box seats and my parking pass of course. May be they take it, may be they do not. If they don't take my offer then I am $260 richer.

The lack of baseball IQ from players at this level is what boggled my mind.

Go Shocks!
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I won't give them a cent until I know for sure they are not doing the fire sale like last year.I bought one at full price in the green seats like I always do and was not happy when they sold seats for penny's later.

Comment

Got my $1,404 renewal in the mail the other day. Whipped out the AMEX Black Card and took care of it. The jump from the $225 I spent last year for the same seats seems warranted, so it is no big deal.

...not really.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      Got my $1,404 renewal in the mail the other day. Whipped out the AMEX Black Card and took care of it. The jump from the $225 I spent last year for the same seats seems warranted, so it is no big deal.

...not really.
                      Yep, I donate mine and see no point in renewing at full pop. Big Bros/Big Sis might as well get 12 seats instead of 4 if they're going to run the same blue light special this year.

Comment

I thought the extreme ticket discounts last year was a good idea. I understand that it probably pissed off basically all of the season ticket holders. The real problem is that they followed it up with a (mostly) frustrating and disappointing season. That sort of deal works well to get new folks out to the ballpark and regain interest in the program. But you have to back it up with fun baseball and a fair number of wins, to make them feel an attachment and get them to buy at a higher price the next year. I'd wager that didn't happen, and the only real lasting effect of the sale was scorned long-time season ticket holders.

I still feel they need to drastically reduce ticket prices in the stadium. I'd go to a lot of games/year if I could pay $5 to sit in the yellow seats. They'd more than make up the difference in volume and concessions. As it is, I only go a few times a year when I'm positive I can get there before the game starts and stay the whole time to get my money's worth. They need to rebuild some atmosphere in the ballpark. Atmosphere would make it more fun for the players and fans alike.

Comment

It was a great idea and I think it sold lots of tickets. The downside, as you mentioned, is by not passing those discounts on to season ticket holders they have incentivized the season ticket holders to not renew at full price and wait for the drastic reduction. Why would we renew at full price and get burned again this year? I assume there are many long-term season ticket holders like me that would simply purchase more tickets at the discounted rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                            I thought the extreme ticket discounts last year was a good idea. I understand that it probably pissed off basically all of the season ticket holders. The real problem is that they followed it up with a (mostly) frustrating and disappointing season. That sort of deal works well to get new folks out to the ballpark and regain interest in the program. But you have to back it up with fun baseball and a fair number of wins, to make them feel an attachment and get them to buy at a higher price the next year. I'd wager that didn't happen, and the only real lasting effect of the sale was scorned long-time season ticket holders.

I still feel they need to drastically reduce ticket prices in the stadium. I'd go to a lot of games/year if I could pay $5 to sit in the yellow seats. They'd more than make up the difference in volume and concessions. As it is, I only go a few times a year when I'm positive I can get there before the game starts and stay the whole time to get my money's worth. They need to rebuild some atmosphere in the ballpark. Atmosphere would make it more fun for the players and fans alike.
                            The regular prices certainly don't align with the product on the field. That's for sure.

I agree that they need to drop prices to build up the fanbase again and make it a more viable option. It just isn't enticing to pay $10 a game to watch sub .500 baseball. This isn't the glory years anymore. Adjustments would be wise. But will they? Has ticket prices in any sport ever decreased from one year to the next? Doubt it.

If they don't make adjustments, I hope they get excited seeing 200 fans in the ballpark on game day. I too was a purchaser of the discounted season tickets last year. We got 4 of them. I think we made it out to 5 games last year. I'm not sure if that even broke us even or not. Regardless, even at a discounted price, it was hard to watch shitty baseball with a Westurban type atmosphere at the game.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Getting more fans out to the ballpark, and allowing them to sit in the actual stadium (blue/green/yellow seats) will help the atmosphere tremendously. Which will make it more fun for the fans. Which will probably help the team. And would DEFINITELY help recruiting, which would in turn help the future teams. Seems like an obvious fix. Supply doesn't match demand. And now is the time to do it. No way the athletic department is hurting for cash right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X