Closer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closer?

Do we try Coleman as the closer since nobody else has even looked remotely close to being able to get the job done? If Coleman does become the closer do we move Gillaspie to SS or who do we bring in while Coleman is pitching?

Also, remember all of the people complaining about Coleman being the full time SS last year? I think now we all know why he was given the job even though he had some rough times. He is hitting .410 with 11 of 16 hits for extra bases. Also 5 HRs in 10 games isn’t a bad start.

Dusty Coleman has rapidly transformed into a really special player that you go to the game just for the opportunity to watch him play.

I hope he maintains his pace because a lot of accolades will be coming his way if he does.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

And to address the topic, I think it is only a matter of time until we see him in that role but it would benefit the team if someone else were able and capable of handling those duties.

Comment

Kyle Sisney could probably step in and play short for an inning if Dusty went to pitcher.

Comment

Besides maybe a few delusional fans, just about everyone I talked to was very patient with Dusty last season. His numbers weren't great but he showed promise.

Comment

Re: Closer?

Originally posted by shockfan89
          He is hitting .410 with 11 of 16 hits for extra bases. Also 5 HRs in 10 games isn’t a bad start.
          Add to this list that he gets to EVERYTHING and makes EVERY THROW.

I hope the pitching situation will work out without having to use Dusty as a pitcher. Let him hit and field and let others worry about pitching.

--'85.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

closer?

when the DH moves to a position, or you hit or run for him the position is gone for the balance of the game.

Comment

closer?

How about Taylor Brown at SS when Dusty closes?
              How about gillespie to SS and Montcrief to 3B ?
              I think the team has options-they may be looking those over during practice during the week.

Comment

Coleman said on the post-game show Sunday that Kemnitz has talked to him more than once close to the 9th inning and told him to be ready.
                www.myspace.com/clarensau
                it's what i do

Comment

I'd rather not think about Conner at third as his defense so far this year has been suspect to say the least.

Comment

The last few games I have seen some good relief pitching from some Freshmen Looks like the bull pen will come together.
                    First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Hmmmm....who is our closer? I'll give you two choices, our hitters (we need them to score many insurance runs because our closer will give up a few), or our starters, they need to pitch the whole 9 innings in order for us to win.

Comment

On the new weekly Shocker Baseball show hosted by Mike Kennedy and Shane Dennis, Shane reported that Coach Kemnitz had seen enough wasted potential with Matt Smith and is going to try and make some adjustments to his mechanics . Spedifically, they talked about lowering his arm slot to pick up some velocity and some sink on his pitches.

Doesn't sound like Brent is ready to give up on Matt, but apparently he's decided something needs to change in order to tap the potential he sees in Matt.

Comment

Dusty pitched Friday's nineth and three up three down looked very good but not a save. Logan pitched two and a third seven up and seven down and looked great and got the save. The bull pen is looking better everyday.
                          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10
                            Dusty pitched Friday's nineth and three up three down looked very good but not a save. Logan pitched two and a third seven up and seven down and looked great and got the save. The bull pen is looking better everyday.
                            Now we need to get Andy Womack back in the groove.

Comment

Lately men out of the bull pen that have looked good along with Dusty and Logan are Grant Muncrief, Tyler Fleming, and Justin Kemp, Khol Nanney is another I think can be counted on. You are right we need Andy, Clinton, and Matt to get it together. Any word on the 5th starter for when we start playing 5 games a week Clint Maune maybe?

Comment

Working...
                              X