No announcement yet.

Closer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fleming, Hoch, Muncrief, and Kemp have all looked good lately. We knew we'd need some help from the newcomers, but we did not anticipate needing them to be the entire bullpen. Hutson and Fugett are out. Womack and Smith have not been effective.

We haven't seen a lot of McKeever, who was considered an option for a closer role coming into the season.

For now, Dusty is our closer. I also don't mind letting guys like Fleming and Hoch just go ahead and finish the game if they are pitching well. Fleming especially has shown the ability to go 4 and 5 innings effectively.

Comment

Re: Closer?

Originally posted by Shocker85
      Originally posted by shockfan89
      He is hitting .410 with 11 of 16 hits for extra bases. Also 5 HRs in 10 games isn’t a bad start.
      Add to this list that he gets to EVERYTHING and makes EVERY THROW.
      Well, maybe not that throw to first that was wide of Hill and turned an "out" into a "double" today. :-x
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Since game two of the Harvard series the bullpen has gave up one run in seventeen innings WOW.
        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by haysdb
          Fleming, Hoch, Muncrief, and Kemp have all looked good lately. We knew we'd need some help from the newcomers, but we did not anticipate needing them to be the entire bullpen. Hutson and Fugett are out. Womack and Smith have not been effective.

We haven't seen a lot of McKeever, who was considered an option for a closer role coming into the season.

For now, Dusty is our closer. I also don't mind letting guys like Fleming and Hoch just go ahead and finish the game if they are pitching well. Fleming especially has shown the ability to go 4 and 5 innings effectively.
          How long are Hutson and Fugett out for?

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
            How long are Hutson and Fugett out for?
            Hutson had Tommy John surgery. That usually takes a year for full recovery, although there have been guys who return a little sooner. Don't know about Fugett.

--'85.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
            X