Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wsu vs Harvard: Series swept by WSU, it is baseball season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KNSS WSU baseball show will be on Monday`s from 6-7 pm.

This week it will be Tuesday due to the last Greg Marshall on Monday night.

Comment

• Thanks, Rose, I enjoy the updates.
      Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

• Thanks Rose and others.

A fun weekend. I will never forget the game 2 comeback. I am enthusiastic about the offense. There have been similar type of teams to Harvard come in here the last few years that did not result in WSU putting up three games of double digit run totals. I think the bullpen will be fine as roles become more defined. You don't lose the two Noahs and others to graduation without a little transition along the way. Haven't seen official box score from game 3, but weekend K to BB was something like 36-5 for all pitchers.

Onward from this 4-0 week.

Comment

• Bullpen looks better today 5 innings and just 1 run. Coming around?
          First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

• A Few Notes From Sunday's Game:

I was really impressed today with Clint McKeever. He looked like a seasoned hitter up there, even though he's only had a handful of collegiate looks.

It was good to see Capra on the mound today. 7 K's in 4 innings reminded me of his play last year.

It was also good to see the pen not blow it. I honestly think that this problem is gonna evaporate quickly. That's why we have Brent Kemnitz.

It's very encouraging to see our bats get 9, 16, 11, and 13 runs since the sweep.

I'm liking this team right now. It's gonna be a good year.
            www.myspace.com/clarensau
            it's what i do

Comment

• Don't get me wrong, I'll take any 4-0 week anyday, however, let's not get too ahead of ourselves on judging how good this team is playing the likes of LeMoyne and Harvard. Those two teams aren't exactly World Beaters. We got manhandled when we played a team in the Top 50.

If this team goes 4-0 against WSU and TCU then I'll be on board in proclaiming we got another great team on our hands. However, a 2-2 record this upcoming week looks realistic. Our bullpen is thin and will be facing top tier college baseball hitting same with our hitters facing their pitchers. I will be estatic if we can score more than 5 or 6 runs per game against these two teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock10
                Bullpen looks better today 5 innings and just 1 run. Coming around?
                Ya, when it doesn't involve Womack or Smith.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Sorry if some of this has been posted earlier in this thread, it's gotten pretty long ...

According to the on-line stats, in 2007 the Shox were 2-17 when trailing after 7 innings and 1-18 when trailing after 8.

Already (after just 10 games), the Shox pulled out 2 games in the 8th, 9th, and/or 10th innings.

Last year, the Shox were 1-1 in extra inning games (who can forget the debacle in the Conference tournament vs. Creighton). They're 1-1 already this season in extra inning games.

Getting challenged by teams like Harvard and LeMoyne and coming all the way back to win, while probably not great opponents, should help foster some confidence in late inning situations. Watching LeMoyne play, I don't think they're too bad. They scored some runs vs. WSU, ORU and KSU but mostly came up short. Harvard isn't that great, although they had a couple decent arms.

Let's hope the team warms up with the weather!

--'85.
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• I thought harvards pitching was awful. I thought they had better bats than pitching. The one starter that started the second game was alright but not the honerable mention all american that hes supposed to be but I suppose I should keep in mind it was his first outing against a very talented WSU line up.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox
                      Don't get me wrong, I'll take any 4-0 week anyday, however, let's not get too ahead of ourselves on judging how good this team is playing the likes of LeMoyne and Harvard. Those two teams aren't exactly World Beaters. We got manhandled when we played a team in the Top 50.
                      I see your point, but getting our bats going like we did this past week and rallying from behind twice in late innings does show the potential of a very good baseball team, even if it was against LeMoyne and Harvard.
                      www.myspace.com/clarensau
                      it's what i do

Comment

Working...
                      X