• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Tournament - Non-WSU Games Thread

Packed slate ahead on Day 1.

No. 6 UE vs. No. 3 Bradley, 9 AM on ESPN3
    No. 7 Indiana State vs. No. 2 Dallas Baptist, 12:30 PM on ESPN3
    No. 8 Southern Illinois vs. No. 1 Missouri State, 4 PM on ESPN3

What a beautiful day for some baseball! I was planning to take the rest of the week off and catch all the games but I think I will work today and be a fair-weather MVC fan and see you all tonight at 7:30 for a cold night cap (hopefully not delayed due to working in the other games).

Comment

Based on twitter chatter, the Bradley center-fielder has already made two web-gem worthy catches. Gargoyles up 9-2 in the 8th.

Comment

ISUb vying for the first upset of the tournament, leading DBU 2-0 to the bottom of the 5th.

Comment

Trees win 2-0. Hopefully the Ugly Egyptian Dogs can pull of an upset over SWOMO next.

Comment

Shane Dennis called that upset.

Comment

Originally posted by KraRam View Post
              Shane Dennis called that upset.
              Not surprised. That guy is almost omniscient when it comes to Valley baseball.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Bears up 4-0 and are threatening for more in the Bottom of the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  Bears up 4-0 and are threatening for more in the Bottom of the 2nd.
                  6-0.

This one isn't going past the 7th. Both teams will try to save pitching.

Comment

Is the mercy rule in affect for Tourney play? If I remember right it is not.

Comment

Final: MSU 7 - SIU 0

Interesting that MSU went with Lefty Matt Hall in game 1. Matt went 8 innings and only allowed 5 hits and striking out 11.

MSU will be loaded for Bear (pardon the pun) for either WSU or ILS tomorrow with Valley Picher of they Year Jon Harris looming on the mound.

Comment

Originally posted by KraRam View Post
                        Is the mercy rule in affect for Tourney play? If I remember right it is not.
                        I believe the run-rule is in effect for all but the championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                          ISUb vying for the first upset of the tournament, leading DBU 2-0 to the bottom of the 5th.
                          That ends the national seed talk for DBU, unless they can turn it around quick.

Comment

Last day of wall to wall games.

Dallas Baptist vs. Evansville, 9 AM
                            Illinois State vs. Southern Illinois, 12:30 PM
                            Bradley vs. Indiana State, 4 PM

And of course the Shocks in the showcase game at 7:30. Everything on ESPN3.

Comment

DBU leading 1-0 in the bottom of the 6th. Real good pitching, meh hitting in this one as both teams have just 3 hits each so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X