Shocks at Dallas Baptist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hayes is this teams closer?

I could have hit that meat out of the park. Talk about laying one right there for Killing! Wow.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Talk about some bad decisions at the plate. Just poor approach and execution.

Comment

Hilliard has one nice stroke. That was gone as soon as he made contact.

Comment

How big is that blown call at the plate on Sam in the 3rd inning now?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            How big is that blown call at the plate on Sam in the 3rd inning now?
            huge...

Comment

Tanner Dearman couldn't hit any pitches from #2 even if he was using an ironing board. Zero chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                Talk about some bad decisions at the plate. Just poor approach and execution.
                The final 6 outs of the game by the Shockers were all strikeouts. I know these pitchers are very good, but they aren't Sid Finch. When you're a .250-ish hitter, you have to cut down your swing, make contact, and force the defense to make a play.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  huge...
                  Of course, Kihle getting picked off of 1st for the final out of the 3rd inning with Hilliard at the plate with runners on 1st and 2nd wasn't exactly a shining moment either.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 17, 2015, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Yikes. I came on here to catch some comments about how tought we played them and saw that Saturday may have been more of a disaster than the score indicated. I'll see myself out of this thread....

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                      Yikes. I came on here to catch some comments about how tought we played them and saw that Saturday may have been more of a disaster than the score indicated. I'll see myself out of this thread....
                      We did play them tough but we should have won this series if not actually have swept it. It was there for the taking. Sam Hilliard was a stud this weekend and our pitching was pretty solid although there was certainly plenty of DBU traffic on the bases. I certainly did not come away from this series feeling like we had achieved some kind of a moral victory.

Comment

Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                        And, regarding the possibility of Sam Hilliard leaving this year, I'm pretty sure that Brent Kemnitz commented on that subject within the past 2 weeks when he said that Hilliard has made the decision to stay. If you review his bio on Go Shockers, when he was at Crowder College last season, he split time between pitching and hitting. What struck me about it when I read it was the limited number of innings he pitched & also the limited no of at bats he had, too. He's not going to do both in pro baseball. My guess is that he has decided he needs to gain more experience at WSU next season before he signs with a ML team.
                        Coach Butler did no seem quite so confident about Hilliard coming back next year on his radio show this past Monday especially with the series Sam had against DBU including quite a power display that earned him Valley POW honors in front of a plethora of MLB scouts there primarily to check out the DBU talent. Sam was the best hitter on the field that weekend. Sam may very well have told BK he would probably be back but I am not buying the suggestion that Sam coming back is a done deal. His decision will be largely dependent on where he gets drafted. I think he could be highly coveted as a hitter by the pros. The only reason he would come back is if he think his future is on the mound and isn't quite ready to let go of that dream. However, I think Sam has even surprised himself with the improvements he has made at the plate over he last month of so. It is entirely possible IMHO that Sam will get a opportunity presented to him that will simply be too good to pass up.

Comment

Working...
                        X