No announcement yet.

Shocks vs Lobos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, the bullpen is happening.

3-5 UNM in the 5th.

Comment

Hilliard with a 2-run triple and scores on an error on the throw to 3B. Hilliard's second triple of the day.

Shox retake the lead, for now. 6-5 WSU Bot 5

This has been a really fun series, with scores going back in forth in all the games. Especially fun as the Shox have taken the first two. Hopefully they can finish a sweep.

Comment

Shox finish the sweep, 6-5.

Really great weekend against a pretty decent team.

Comment

I went to the Lady Shocker softball game at noon and then headed over to the Eck after the Ladies finished off their sweep of Evansville with 5-2 win.

Another very entertaining game today but the weather kept the crowd down. It was pretty chilly although not unbearable if you were prepared.

I thought today was a day where the bounces and the calls went the Shocks way for the most part. In the bottom of the 5th following the Lobos 3-run top of the 5th that put them up 5-3 Daniel Kihle was picked off of 2nd base but the ump appeared to have missed the call. Shortly, thereafter Sam Hilliard drilled a lazer to CF. I thought for sure the Lobos CF was going to catch that ball but he didn't, the ball bounced past him for a 2-run triple and then scored when the throw to 3rd skipped into the Lobos dugout putting the Shocks on top 6-5.

Chandler Sanburn may have had the most high stress 2.2 innings of scoreless relief but he was saved by two sparkling stabs by Tanner Kirk of line drives off the bat of Aaron Siples one of which was turned into an inning ending double play (could have been a triple play if the needed).

But this team probably was due to have some things go their way for a change.

Comment

Sam has been fun to watch hit this year.Pitching not so much.Its always good to win on autograph day.puts the guys in a better mood.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              Super Fan is near where I am sitting and is repeatedly pointing out to those near him that we have to keep track of score and pitch count manually since the power is out. No $#!+, Sherlock!

I feel like I lose IQ points when I have an encounter with him. It's not like I have a plethora of that in the first place.
              Super fan was born in that outfit I think. Never have I seen him wear anything different. Or maybe he has a set for everyday ;)

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                I wouldn't worry about getting rained out tonight. From the looks of it, it's going to miss us. Then again, forecasts change every 5 minutes, so who knows.

Unfortunately, while I still love the Shockers, I'm just about to the point where I can't take anymore this season. I've been to several games and seen the games on tv and always end up disappointed. I hope and pray that someone can come in and put the swag back into Shocker baseball. I just don't think HCTB is the answer.
                Dial 1-800-kevinhooper
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by mr_baseball View Post
                  Super fan was born in that outfit I think. Never have I seen him wear anything different. Or maybe he has a set for everyday ;)

Real Super-fans...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It's a shame Tinkham and Hilliard will be gone after this season.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                      It's a shame Tinkham and Hilliard will be gone after this season.
                      Agreed. I wasn't sure Hilliard was going to get it figured out, but he sure has lately.

Tinkham has been nails and has really tried to take on a positive leadership role on the team the past couple of months.

Those two could form a very solid core to build a lineup around.

Comment

Best part of the weekend beside getting the wins was getting Lil' ShockBand out on the field after Sunday's game and playing catch, without me injuring myself as I did last year. I got a great pic of him in a batting pose at the plate that I shared on the book o' face with the caption "Future Shocker?".
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Got to follow 2 of the 3 games.... well done Shox. Build some mo and confidence and try and win the Valley tourney.... it could happen. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by kstarheel View Post
                            Got to follow 2 of the 3 games.... well done Shox. Build some mo and confidence and try and win the Valley tourney.... it could happen. :-)
                            Anything is possible I suppose but I don't see it this year. We simply do not have the starting pitching without Tewes and Schwanke and our bullpen depth has been a real issue all year.

We are hit the ball very well this weekend against the Lobos but I just don't see us being able to hit enough to overcome our lack of pitching.

And it is not like it is a down year in the Valley.

That said let's play the games and see what happens. I would love to be shocked by the Shocks.

Comment

I attended all three games this past weekend and thought it was our best series all year. We didn't get rattled by mistakes or walks and we hit the ball much better up and down the order. The play was just more consistent than I have seen from this team all year. Great sign!

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                                I attended all three games this past weekend and thought it was our best series all year. We didn't get rattled by mistakes or walks and we hit the ball much better up and down the order. The play was just more consistent than I have seen from this team all year. Great sign!
                                Even if they fall on their face this weekend, it has been encouraging to see at least some signs of progress. And they certainly have not quit on the coach or each other, which I can get behind. There have also been some good glimpses from guys that should be back next year (like Troutwine, Vickers, Sanagorski)

Comment

Working...
                                X