Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evansville outfielder makes great catch

Against Indiana:

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Remind's me of Matt Brown's foul ball catch against OU.

That's exactly what I thought of too. I am not certain but didn't Matt Brown see/feel the bullpen fence approaching and jump it mid-stride to make the catch?

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
      That's exactly what I thought of too. I am not certain but didn't Matt Brown see/feel the bullpen fence approaching and jump it mid-stride to make the catch?
      No, I'm pretty sure it was the same situation as the Aces outfielder. Though I'm sure Brown felt the fence, he still made the catch as he was falling over it.

Both were amazing catches.

Comment

I can't find the video of Brown's catch anywhere. Somebody help!

WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State baseball student-athlete Matt Brown has been nominated for an ESPY Award, ESPN announced today.

Brown is nominated for Best Play for his catch on April 26 against Oklahoma. With one out in the top of the second against Oklahoma, the freshman right fielder tracked a routine fly ball toward the fence in foul territory. Without taking his eye off the ball, he jumped up -- and over -- the shoulder-high barrier, made the catch and held on for the out.

Comment

It reminds me a lot of Matt Brown's catch against Ou I believe, but Matt had to run a lot further. It appears from that video that Indiana has a very nice stadium. I wouldn't expect that from a big 10 school that doesn't have any baseball history.

Comment

I can't find the video of Brown's catch anywhere. Somebody help!

WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State baseball student-athlete Matt Brown has been nominated for an ESPY Award, ESPN announced today.

Brown is nominated for Best Play for his catch on April 26 against Oklahoma. With one out in the top of the second against Oklahoma, the freshman right fielder tracked a routine fly ball toward the fence in foul territory. Without taking his eye off the ball, he jumped up -- and over -- the shoulder-high barrier, made the catch and held on for the out.
            I spent some time looking for it last night and struck out. Its hard to believe that I can't even find a video of the espys from 2005, it hasn't been that long.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I have Brown's catch on a VHS tape somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                I have Brown's catch on a VHS tape somewhere.
                But do you have a working VCR? :)

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  It appears from that video that Indiana has a very nice stadium. I wouldn't expect that from a big 10 school that doesn't have any baseball history.
                  Indiana made the CWS in 2013 and were the #4 seed in the 2014 NCAA Tournament. So while the don't have the long-term tradition of the Shockers they do have more recent success than the Shockers and their program is trending up while the Shocks are trending down.

The Shocks last CWS was in 1996. At some point tradition just become history. I don't think we are to that point yet but another 5 years of like the past 5 years and we may be getting there.

Comment

But do you have a working VCR? :)
                    I do, and I have a device that can capture it onto my laptop. The problem is finding the time to do it.

Comment

I was actually just kidding since I have a bunch of VHS tapes in my closet and no working VCRs. But..... If you ever find the time that would be a great thing to post in this thread and bump it back up to the top. I'm sure there are many of us there that night that would enjoy remembering/reliving that catch!

Comment

I was actually just kidding since I have a bunch of VHS tapes in my closet and no working VCRs. But..... If you ever find the time that would be a great thing to post in this thread and bump it back up to the top. I'm sure there are many of us there that night that would enjoy remembering/reliving that catch!
                        I will see if I can get around to it.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EGcQ3e5dOh8

Intro to the espys. You can see the catch about the three minute mark. Don't blink or you'll miss it. Was fun watching the whole thing and looking back...

Comment

Here is more info about Matt's catch:

WICHITA, Kan. ? Former Wichita State baseball player Matt Brown will be in attendance at the Shocker baseball game on Tue., April 28 against Oklahoma.
                            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              Here is more info about Matt's catch:

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...339&DB_LANG=C#
                              And video of it. Now I don't have to hunt down mine! :)

10 years ago. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                              X