• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14-0 wsu

Comment

Arens is the man - 2 HR, 5 RBIs

Comment

Anderson pitches 5 scoreless inning. 1st wsu reliever comes in up 14-0, and walks the first batter. Kemnitz is now caning him.

Comment

Gives up hit and another walk - he pulled. Shox lead 14-1. Biechler getting another chance.

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
            Can we piss this away like yesterday?
            You wouldn't think so.

Maybe that collapse yesterday woke them up.
            The Assman

Comment

Shockers 14 - Sycamores 4

A little ugly in the top of the 7th with Chase Williams on the mound. 2 errors certainly hurt Chase. Chase Rader injured when a Sycamore player slid into him at 2B breaking up a double play in the 7th and had to be helped off the field according to Kennedy. Hopefully, not too serious.

Saturday's 9th inning implosion clearly left Shocker fans in a sour mood but I think coming in I would have taken a 2-1 series win and that's what we got.

Encouraging performance from Isaac Anderson with 5 scoreless innings today.

Bob Arens with far and away the best weekend of his Shocker career. Sure would be nice if he can sustain that level of play to finish off his time as a Shocker.

Comment

Just returned from the game, it sucks that they blew it yesterday and I was afraid they would find a way to give away the run rule but the guys prevailed. A nice win and Arens hitting the first two fingers of his career in the same game is a treat. MK said this is the first the team has been 5-1 in th Valley play since 2010. A nice start indeed.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Should have been 6-0 heading into another winnable home series next weekend with Illinois State.

I dunno if I'll ever get over Saturday's debacle.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

After Illinois State next weekend, WSU will close out the season facing 20 of their last 21 games with opponents in the Top 86 of the RPI. Ouch.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We are 5-1 in the valley and that is nice.But what bothers me is that we actually hit the ball pretty well this year and the pitching is horrible.Tewes and Schwanke would help but the depth is awful.Hope Rader is good to go next weekend.We need him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Should have been 6-0 heading into another winnable home series next weekend with Illinois State.

I dunno if I'll ever get over Saturday's debacle.
                        It was an epic melt down.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                          We are 5-1 in the valley and that is nice.But what bothers me is that we actually hit the ball pretty well this year and the pitching is horrible.Tewes and Schwanke would help but the depth is awful.Hope Rader is good to go next weekend.We need him.
                          Yeah, at this point I am not expecting much success in mid-week games for the remainder of the season. Sounds like we will be going with 2-inning stints by multiple pitchers in those games.

Maybe we can be competitive on the weekends in Valley play but we need to be careful getting too excited about the 5-1 start. We have played SIU (1-5) and INS (3-6) so far and get ILS (1-5) next weekend. Those are the bottom 3 teams in the league at this point. After that things will get decidedly tougher. ILS at 13-15 overall actually has a better overall record than the Shocks. At this point there are no pushovers for this Shocker team. We have become more of a pushee than pusher. You might say we are a bunch of pushees.

However, one glaring weakness on the pitching staff, in addition to lack of quality depth, is the lack of a bona fide closer.

Really can't afford to lose Chase. That would put us down 2 weekend starters and 2 everyday starters.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            Anderson pitches 5 scoreless inning. 1st wsu reliever comes in up 14-0, and walks the first batter. Kemnitz is now caning him.
                            He probably didn't feel too good after getting caned by Kemnitz.

Comment

Working...
                            X