Emporia State game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harold_Shox
    Speaking on behalf of all those at work: Thank you very much for the updates.
    Indeed thank you very much.

I just got back to the desk

Comment

20K people listened online yesterday. :D

Comment

No problem. Shockers are up 4-1 heading to the bottom of the 4th inning.

Kelley's line is as follows: 4IP, 3H, 1R, 1ER, 1BB, 5SO

Wonder if they will pull him after the 5th?

Comment

Well, my question was answered earlier than anticipated. McKeever is in to pitch for WSU in the 5th.

Comment

McKeever gives up two runs lead down to 4-3. ESU still threatening with runners at 1st and 2nd.

Comment

Tyler Fleming in to pitch for WSU.

Comment

After giving up a walk to load the bases, Fleming gets a groundout to end the inning. Shox lead 4-3 heading to the bottom of the 5th.

That's it for my updates, going to get pregame drinks before the basketball game.

GO SHOX!!!

Comment

Shox put up one more in the 6th. Coleman leadoff dbl, stole 3rd, Hill sac fly.

Going to 7th, 5-3 Shox.

Comment

6-3 Shox Bottom of the 8th

Comment

6-3 going to the 9th. Shox better start hitting the ball better before the weekend.

Comment

Agreed. Coleman, Weber, and Lassley are swinging it well, but our top 4 guys haven't found their strokes yet.

Comment

12 K's in 8 innings is not good. We better find a little plate discipline or it could be a long weekend.

Comment

Plate Discipline

'Just goes to show how valuable the 2 makeup games were this week with NW Iowa & Emporia State & how valuable in the future it will be to have an indoor facility completed here. I was one of the 1st 50 to give for the facility last summer. I hope a lot more of you are joining in, too!

Comment

Originally posted by WyoWu
                              12 K's in 8 innings is not good. We better find a little plate discipline or it could be a long weekend.
                              This is not at all suprising. WSU having to rely on its pitching to win games. This has been the trend it seems for the past 4 or 5 years. But as they say, good pitching beats good hitting.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                                Originally posted by WyoWu
                                This is not at all suprising. WSU having to rely on its pitching to win games. This has been the trend it seems for the past 4 or 5 years. But as they say, good pitching beats good hitting.
                                Its very early in the season and the players have been hitting off of pitching machines for the past 3-4 months. More live pitching, the quicker they'll get their hitting eyes back. The hitting will come around, just give it a few games. I'd go as far as to say most of the hitters haven't really seen a live curveball, or many off-speed pitches at all, since the fall outdoor season.
                                "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                                X