Gene Stephenson enters College Baseball Hall with well-developed coaching tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    There was a article back in February on goshockers about the event.

LUBBOCK, Texas ? Former Wichita State baseball head coach Gene Stephenson will be a part of the 2014 College Baseball Hall of Fame induction class.

Maybe they're waiting until after the event before having another article.
    Thank you '79

Comment

Hopefully gene will find another job and prove he has still got it.

Comment

Gene Stephenson wants to enter college baseball hall without an end to his career.

Didn't see that anyone had already posted this. I'll reserve my comments at this time.

Comment

Better late than never... Thank you goshockers.com for recognizing The Legend's induction into the Hall of Fame.

Go Shox

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
            Better late than never... Thank you goshockers.com for recognizing The Legend's induction into the Hall of Fame.
            What more did you want? They had stories about it when it was announced 5 months ago and then coverage after he was inducted. Did you want a big pep rally where Eric kisses Gene ring or something?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              What more did you want? They had stories about it when it was announced 5 months ago and then coverage after he was inducted. Did you want a big pep rally where Eric kisses Gene ring or something?
              Close. Eric kissing Gene's ass would be more appropriate.

Comment

Well, that not going to happen. Sexton didn't fire Gene in a vacuum and he is not losing any sleep over it - In fact he is probably sleeping better not worrying what NCAA infraction might be happening in the baseball program, or when the next stalking lawsuit was going to come.

Comment

Do tell SB.
                  What are the specifics?

Comment

SB,

I find it a tad ironic that the picture you so proudly boast in your avatar was created by a man that you are going out of your way to trash pretty hard.

It's one thing to think the move to fire Gene was the one in the best interest of the program, but the constant tearing down of the guy at every corner is probably a bit much. Especially considering, again, what your avatar represents.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Do tell SB.
                      What are the specifics?
                      It all been discussed ad nauseum

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        SB,

I find it a tad ironic that the picture you so proudly boast in your avatar was created by a man that you are going out of your way to trash pretty hard.

It's one thing to think the move to fire Gene was the one in the best interest of the program, but the constant tearing down of the guy at every corner is probably a bit much. Especially considering, again, what your avatar represents.
                        I'm a WSU fan, not Gene Stephenson fan. I have two degree from WSU and a commision that came through opportunties at WSU and that is where my loyalty lays, and I won't apologize for it. Gene did some great things for himself, but he brought dishonor to WSU by his activities off the field and eventually it affected his on field performance and he became an over paid MVC coach.
                        Last edited by SB Shock; June 29, 2014, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          I'm a WSU fan, not Gene Stephenson fan. I have two degree from WSU and a commision that came through opportunties at WSU and that is where my loyalty lays, and I won't apologize for it. Gene did some great things for himself, but he brought dishonor to WSU by his activities off the field and eventually it affected his on field performance and he became an over paid MVC coach.
                          I'm assuming your commission did not come from ADES?
                          I want fHCGS to be treated with respect and receive the accolades he's earned and deserved. The sooner that happens, the quicker the deep rift will mend for many Shocker fans (and former players) over the manner in which fHCGS was discharged.
                          As Fever noted... Ironic that your avatar picture was built on the backs of the players that Gene recruited and the coach who was the leader of that program. Keep Eric in perspective as he contributed nothing to its success. He's a manager and might turn out to be a decent manager once he grows into the job. But he's not a leader. Big difference.

Comment

I want fHCGS to be treated with respect and receive the accolades he's earned and deserved. The sooner that happens, the quicker the deep rift will mend for many Shocker fans (and former players) over the manner in which fHCGS was discharged.
                            Well at least we know what your agenda is. He was given all the accolades he deserved on this day - his mistake was coming back.

Capture.JPG

Comment

SB's commission came from the US Army. This topic started out pretty well and had some interesting observations until it got side tracked as people started to take shots and make denigrating comments about the players involved. And now we are where we are. The part where GS gets his ass kissed, I'm pretty sure that won't be one of the honors or accolades he is deserving of.

Comment

One of Gene's many problems is that he kissed a lot of ass (among other things) only it occurred outside of his lane and was not focused on the appropriate people. I am very grateful for his accomplishments and for hellping to give me a quality college experience as a fan. I would enjoy watching many a midweek afternoon ballgame in the first base GA bleachers while doing whatever homework needed to be done. I am grateful for this and his accomplishments, which should be and have been recognized. But...

Gene built the program, Gene broke the program, Gene is not the program.
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X