Gm 59: wsu vs isur (mvc tourny - GM 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    While that was enlightening (seriously), it also didn't show the major drop off some of our players experienced as a trend either.
    Sure it does - it is an average. For every Casey G. who has huge change from one year to the next, that data says you will have some guy who will get worse, though on average when you look a the whole population you will "On average" see a slight improvement.

I did go back and look at the a comparison of the 2007 vs 2008 season (2008 was super-regional), and what you see is ACROSS THE BOARD IMPROVEMENTS in hitting and pitching. I would conjecture that you either have talented players or you don't. All your coaches can do is help maximize or get the most out of your talent, but they can't create talent from coaching.

Comment

I predict that roster turnover for non producers will become more of the norm than in the past.

Comment

Let's see, the Shockers had one run on two hits....IS THAT ALL WE GOT? TWO (gosh darn) HITS?

(You can't say that on ShockerNet!)

Don't worry. No one's watching anyway.
        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          Let's see, the Shockers had one run on two hits....IS THAT ALL WE GOT? TWO (gosh darn) HITS?
          What's worse is that both of those hits came in the 1st gosh darn inning. The Shocks were no-hit over the final 8-innings with their season on he line.

Dagnabbit anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            I predict that roster turnover for non producers will become more of the norm than in the past.
            Is that what happened to Micah Green? I never heard (or admittedly tried to find out) the reason for his omission from the lineup this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
              Is that what happened to Micah Green? I never heard (or admittedly tried to find out) the reason for his omission from the lineup this weekend.
              He pinch hit in the 1st game.

I think Butler's choice was whether to start Dearman or Green. They have the same OBP, and Dearman can be more disruptive on the base paths and strikes out less than Green.

Comment

Green and Koimann were in steady decline from the 2/3 point of the season down the stretch. I suspect they were two of the several who declared the season over about April 20. I believe there were others as well. Some were forced to play due to lack of roster depth at their position.

If you don't think this is the case - ask yourself why the incoming recruiting class is approaching 30 incoming players.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  Agree. Gene wouldn't over-recruit and was extremely loyal both to players and coaches. Sometimes to the detriment of the program and his own success. Marshall diplomatically purges non-performing players. I think HCTB will do the same. I think the disappointment of this season will light a fire.

Comment

Working...
                  X