No announcement yet.

Gm 53 - at ISUR (1 of 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to get a win tonight- any kind of confidence boost is a positive heading into next week.

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
      Ouch! Springfield? I'll say a rosary for you.
      I have been here since monday doing some training. I have never seen traffic so bad in such a small city. The people here seem to be pretty nice but generally kind of ugly...lol

Comment

It's the start of a nice streak. 30 wins and above .500 shall continue.

Go Shox!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          2 more. 3 to finish above .500
          Doc, 2 more wins over Illinois State would put us at 29-26. The worst we could do in the post-season is 0-2 for a 29-28 record.

If we split the remaining 2 games with ILS we will finish the regular season at 28-27. We would need to play 0.500 ball in he post-season to finish above 0.500 meaning we would need to win at least 2 games in the Valley Tournament.

If we lose the remaining 2 games against ILS we will finish the regular season at 27-28. To finish at 0.500 we need one more post-season win than losses (requiring a minimum of 3 post-season wins) and to finish above 0.500 we would need two more post-season wins than losses (requiring at least 4 post-season wins).

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Not sure this Shocker team could hit a ball with boat oars.
            What? They are pop fly champions. They would've been home run kings with the old bats.

But seriously. Gillaspie would have 25+ HRs, or 100 walks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Doc, 2 more wins over Illinois State would put us at 29-26. The worst we could do in the post-season is 0-2 for a 29-28 record.

If we split the remaining 2 games with ILS we will finish the regular season at 28-27. We would need to play 0.500 ball in he post-season to finish above 0.500 meaning we would need to win at least 2 games in the Valley Tournament.

If we lose the remaining 2 games against ILS we will finish the regular season at 27-28. To finish at 0.500 we need one more post-season win than losses (requiring a minimum of 3 post-season wins) and to finish above 0.500 we would need two more post-season wins than losses (requiring at least 4 post-season wins).
              All correct, but it was and still is possible to finish 28-27 and then go 1-2 in the tourney to finish at .500. So while a specific 2 wins would ensure a winning record, they could still win 2 and be at .500 so that's why I said 3 guarantees a winning record, no matter how they get to 3.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                All correct, but it was and still is possible to finish 28-27 and then go 1-2 in the tourney to finish at .500. So while a specific 2 wins would ensure a winning record, they could still win 2 and be at .500 so that's why I said 3 guarantees a winning record, no matter how they get to 3.
                Actually, before last night if we had lost the final 2 games to ILS we would have needed 4 post season wins to have a winning record. Mute point now though as the Shocks have somehow won the first two games despite scoring only 2 runs in each game. I would never have thought that would get if done. Great job by the pitching staff.

If the Shocks win the final game today they will have guaranteed themselves a winning season. If they lose, they will need 1 post season win to insure a 0.500 season and 2 post-season wins to secure a winning season.

Comment

Working...
                X