Gm 53 - at ISUR (1 of 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gm 53 - at ISUR (1 of 3)

WSU (26-26) travels to ISUR (26-18, 62 RPI) for the final 3 game of the season. ISUR won the MVC last year while WSU won the MVC tournanent, now these two teams are battling for 4th place.

After last weekend I am not quite as upbeat about our chances to make a run in the Valley tournament. Maybe all the credit should go to the DBU hitters but I thought our starting rotation, while not terrible, were just not as sharp and as tough as they have been. Perhaps they will bounce back this weekend and raise my hopes again.

Comment

Games start on Thursday, according to Sullentrop "WSU may start Ladwig Thursday and use Elam in relief to rest both before the tournament. Several options will be considered since WSU and ISU will likely meet again on Tuesday in Terre Haute."

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Johnny Wholestaff approach this weekend. The series with Illinois State really carries very little importance. The most likely result (although not set in stone) is that the winner finishes 4th and the loser finishes 5th, they play each other again on Tuesday and both are in the bracket with the #1 seed. Again not set in stone but based on who is playing who this weekend that appears to be the most likely scenario.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 13, 2014, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Yea, I'd be surprised if both coaches aren't playing this weekend with an eye towards protecting their best arms for the tournament. No point in burning your closer or top set-up man for three innings in game 3, etc.

Comment

according to Butler Ladwig will start on Thursday and Elam will throw in relief in the series, limited to 30 pitches so he can start on Tuesday.

Comment

Bruce heartl sounds very ill on the TV broadcast.

Comment

This is my first baseball game of the year. Maybe even decade.

But all I gotta say is, I know this is gonna be a long night when they walked Kyle Gillaspie and he was standing there on 4th base waiting for his ticket to be punched home but we got our 4th out. I still think we can beat Illinois Baptist, but our sluggers better get to crackin' the ol' yellow pine tar. A.J and his super low 1.2 ERA rocks though, and with an error ratio average like that, how can our hitters not back him up?!

Oh and these refs suck!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

One thing I will give the Shocks they are consistent. SMH.

Comment

Why is Pat Buttram doing play-by-play for the Shocker game?
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                      Bruce heartl sounds very ill on the TV broadcast.
                      'The Bruce' needs to go on the 15-day DL
                      list; or maybe permanently.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        It's probably from doing his Sports Daily on his own. He fills in a lot of gap time with words. Hemingway wouldn't be proud. His voice must be sore.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          Sounds like Pete Schweddy tonight, maybe it's a NPR tryout?

Comment

I miss the old bats.BBCOR bats have made college baseball seem like MLB in 1968.

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                              I miss the old bats.BBCOR bats have made college baseball seem like MLB in 1968.
                              Not sure this Shocker team could hit a ball with boat oars.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X