GM 51: vs DBU (2 of 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    Oops, SB beat me to it, but yes, not avoiding the pitch does not get you first base.

When have you ever seen this called in a college or professional baseball game?

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        Read my OP as to why its hardly ever called beyond high school baseball. That said, it gets called in professional ball from time to time. Here is a great example:
        http://m.mlb.com/phi/video/?content_...y_20794859&v=3
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          1 earned run allowed by A.J. in his 5 innings and that was debatable as it involved a Shocker fielder falling down after fielding what appeared to be a double play grounder.
          The defense, if it can be called that, was ridiculous and certainly appears to have deteriorated from last year -- but I still have limited sympathy for a pitcher who gives up eight hits, a walk, and a HBP in 5+ innings. The first two unearned runs were real, but the last two scored on three straight hits. A WHIP of 2.0 isn't going to do the job very often even if your guys catch the ball when they're supposed to.

Ladwig has pitched far better than his record indicates, and he deserves some good luck for a change. But today was not his day, and it wasn't all bad luck.

Comment

Ugly.
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
            X