Gm 47 - vs Bradley (2 of 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gm 47 - vs Bradley (2 of 3)

WSU (23-23) host Bradley (21-21) for game 2. Well, WSU won a extra inning game, and added win in the game decided by 1 run. The odds have been against them doing that.

Shox still on the bubble, only have to go 9-0. Evansville and Dallas Baptist both won, so WSU didn't move up any

Even if we luck our way into a 10-game winning streak SB, there is no way a 25-loss Valley team gets an at-large bid.

Not that it's gonna happen anyways, but I really don't want to see "bubble", or "at-large", or "fat lady's chance", or anything like that said about this team. I'm begging you to do us all a favor and stop.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Even if we luck our way into a 10-game winning streak SB, there is no way a 25-loss Valley team gets an at-large bid.

Not that it's gonna happen anyways, but I really don't want to see "bubble", or "at-large", or "fat lady's chance", or anything like that said about this team. I'm begging you to do us all a favor and stop.
      As long as Boyd's had them on the "Current needs" report there was a glimmer of hope and had to be listed. That being said, the MVC performance in mid-week games has hurt their overall ranking (dropping from 5th to 6th ranked conference - probably with the help of WSU) and WSU now has dropped off of the bubble watch.

So let it be offical: WSU Post-Season chances just like they have been for the 5th year in row relies on winning the MVC tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        As long as Boyd's had them on the "Current needs" report there was a glimmer of hope and had to be listed. That being said, the MVC performance in mid-week games has hurt their overall ranking (dropping from 5th to 6th ranked conference - probably with the help of WSU) and WSU now has dropped off of the bubble watch.

So let it be offical: WSU Post-Season chances just like they have been for the 5th year in row relies on winning the MVC tournament.
        I had been thinking that we might actually have a decent shot at running through the Valley Tournament on the strength of our starting pitching. At this point though I'm feel like I'm grasping at straws a little bit. Not that our starting pitching hasn't been good, it has been very good. It's just that it simply may not be enough to be very good. They almost have to be perfect. The Shocks simply are not backing up the starting pitching with any significant offensive production and the bullpen has been somewhat shaky lately (at best very inconsistent) and we simply don't have a reliable closer. Not sure our starting pitching can overcome our deficiencies.

Comment

Plus we've performed abysmally outside of the Eck.
          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Walk off from last night
            video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Who pitches to Gillaspie?

1-0 Shox

Comment

Here's another test to see if the Shocks can have productive at bats in the clutch. Let's get 'er dun guys.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Here's another test to see if the Shocks can have productive at bats in the clutch. Let's get 'er dun guys.
                  Guess not. Never mind.

Comment

OK, Shocks can we get maybe just 1 insurance run.

Comment

Micah Green: proving that you CAN spend 5 years facing collegiate pitching, and still not be able to identify a breaking ball in the dirt of the other batter's box.

Comment

Also, I was about as far off the Koeiman train as you can be, but he's been much better of late. He started to win me over a little last night with his highly competitive AB that resulted in the go-ahead sac fly in the 8th.

Comment

Elvis just made a pitching change with the count 1-2. I've never seen that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            OK, Shocks can we get maybe just 1 insurance run.
                            Don't get greedy now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                              Elvis just made a pitching change with the count 1-2. I've never seen that.
                              Really strange. Perhaps Elvis just wants to extend the Braves streak in Wichita.

Comment

Working...
                              X