Gm 42 - at Tulane (2 of 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gm 42 - at Tulane (2 of 3)

Shockers (21-20) play Tulane in the 2nd game of the series. Tulane who had lost 12 of their last 14 beats WSU in dramatic fashion in the 12.

WSU bubble is getting smaller and smaller. WSU needs a 11-3 record for Top 45 and 14-0 record for Top 32 RPI - but I suspect most of the players are just wanting this season over so they can get their pro-career started, or transfer to a NAIA school where they might have a little success and won't be so far over their heads.

Who the **** cares?

I won't be paying attention until the end of May.

SB, I know you're just probably doing the RPI numbers thing for entertainment value now, but it's probably safe to say that's all a moot point. I think there's a better chance this team goes 0-14 than 14-0 in their final stretch.

Let's can the asinine NCAA at-large talk please.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think last years team was better though this years team has more potential. Even with a new coaching staff, I felt this years team was a top 25-30 type of team.
      All we can hope for is that they get hot and win the MoVal tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
        I think last years team was better though this years team has more potential. Even with a new coaching staff, I felt this years team was a top 25-30 type of team.
        All we can hope for is that they get hot and win the MoVal tourney.
        Who would have thought this team would be scoring a 1/2 run less per game on average than last year team, but I guess it the product of:

(almost) Same Team as '13 x Injuries x Suspensions x Tougher Non-Conf x Tougher Conference = Mediocrity

I think we do kind of forget that last year team wasn't very good, it was only their late run in the MVC tournament (in a much weaker MVC) and getting a NCAA regional bid that gave some hope for this year. WSU last year at this time was 23-18. So in some ways if you factor in the harder schedule and better MVC they have improved and that is why is kind of unbelievable they still have a "Bubble" - though a quickly shrinking bubble.

Comment

What seems hard to understand is that hitters coming through the program in recent years, in general, don't improve their production significantly over their years here. I can't research on my phone, but other than Gillaspie, I don't think run production, OBP, etc. have improved.

As SB said recently, the raw stats might indicate a better outcome, but as we all know, hitting in clutch situations or rallying at the end of games just doesn't happen.

I have to give due credit to the pitching staff. I think they have mostly good. There have been some stumbles, but no more than typical. We lack a sure fire pro prospect, but the I can't complain much about the pitching.

Hoping for a run at the end is a pipe dream. Playing out the string is about the only viable option.
          Last edited by Shocker85; April 26, 2014, 10:00 AM.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Chase Simpson hits a 3 run HR, 3-0 T3

Comment

Simpson backs up an intentional walk to Gillaspie with a 3-run home run. That's nice to see. Picked up a couple of his teammates for some poor decisions as well.

3-0 Shox

Comment

Load bases in 1st, Baker hits into DP.

Down in order in 2nd.

3rd starts with Dearman gettin hit. Single moves to 3rd, but Kihle gets caught up and tagged. They Walk Gillespie, an Simpson makes them pay with a towering blast to right.

3-0 Shocks.

Comment

As far as Kihle's getting caught up, that is on 34. No way should he have been snet.

Comment

Hey, whaddya know, Micah is 0-2.

Comment

This team sucks.

Comment

heh, heh....

Shox trailing 4-3 in the 9th, get a lead off double to start the 9th and then runner gets picked off....

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                          This team sucks.
                          Kennedy and Co. are just going off on the Shox....

Comment

Does the coach say, "Hey you're in to run. How about getting picked off so we can go to dinner?"
                            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

HR by Dearman. This team is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X