No announcement yet.

MVC Standings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How close am I? I am unsure about LF, RF and Drumright.

1998 Team

2 - Brian Preston
    3 - Matt Patrick
    4 - Kevin Hooper
    5 - Koyie Hill
    6 - Zach Sorenson
    7 - Casey Davis
    8 - Jeff Ryan
    9 - Joey Blue
    DH - Pat Magness
    1 - Ben Christenson
    1 - Greg Drumright
    1 - Marc Bluma
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Down to the last weekend of the season.

Evansville at SWMO
      ISUB at BU
      SIU at DBU
      WSU at ISUR

Capture.JPG

Comment

So the Shocks head into the final weekend of the regular season with only their seeding in the Valley Tournament on the line as they have been eliminated from title contention.

Theoretically, the Shocks can finish as high as 2nd and as low as a 5th place tie.

With Indiana State at Bradley this weekend and with Evansville at Missouri State this weekend I don't see us climbing into 2nd place and I don't see a 5th place tie with Missouri State.

With Dallas Baptist a game up on the Shocks and Redbirds and playing at SIU this weekend they would seem to have the inside track on 3rd place.

If that plays out as expected than the winner of the WSU-ILS series will finish in 4th and the loser will finish in 5th. Then, if the bracket is set up the same way as last year, they will face each other again in the opening round of the Valley Tournament with the winner of the game facing the winner of the game between the #1 seed (probably Evansville) and the #8 seed (either Bradley or SIU).

Not really much on the line other than pride. The Shocks certainly don't want to finish in the bottom half of the league and they don't want to be the first team since the program was resurrected in 1978 at finish at or below 0.500.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Not really much on the line other than pride.
          Well, crap.

Comment

Working...
          X