• MVC Standings

3/29/14

Capture.JPG

DBU 8, BU 2
    UE 12, E. Kentuck 1
    ISUB 9, ISUR 2
    SIU 9, MOST 5
    WSU 3, CSF 2

Where were the standings posted like this? Under Valley rules, Illinois State should be listed in 4th place.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

It's a screenshot from WarrenNolan.

Comment

I'm just happy Loyola doesn't play baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
          Where were the standings posted like this? Under Valley rules, Illinois State should be listed in 4th place.
          Warren Nolan....I guess their baseball standing are based on the GB model not win %. I guess I could have used the MVC official standing but they don't have any important informaton in them like RPI and vs Top 50

Comment

MVC Standings as of 4/6/14

Capture.JPG
            DBU did lose today which means WSU still owns their own destiny FWIW. DBU is off from Valley play (playing Baylor) next weekend.

WSU at Evansville
            ISUB at SIU
            SWMO at BU

Comment

Dallas Baptist was off this weekend from MVC play, taking 2 of 3 from Baylor.
              ISUB resurrected their MVC season by taking 2 of 3 from SIU and are now 5-1 after a 2-4 start.
              Evansville continues their solid start by taking 2 of 3 from WSU.

DBU host Evanvsille
              ISUB and BU are off
              ISUR travels to SWMO
              WSU hosts SIU

Capture.JPG

Comment

Don't the Shocks almost have to win out at his point in their 4 remaining series. That would put them at 15-6. That might get them back to the top with some help although at this point the likelihood of them winning out in the Valley seems pretty remote. I'm thinking a 12-9 finish in the Valley is more realistic and would be a decent recovery from our mid-season swoon.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Don't the Shocks almost have to win out at his point in their 4 remaining series. That would put them at 15-6. That might get them back to the top with some help although at this point the likelihood of them winning out in the Valley seems pretty remote. I'm thinking a 12-9 finish in the Valley is more realistic and would be a decent recovery from our mid-season swoon.
                  Historically 5-7 losses is all you can have in conference, maybe pushed out 8-9 if everybody is beating everybody up. So the shockers are not dead, but they have lost most of their margin and need to sweep some series to have a chance. Plus it would help if DBU lost some - we shall see how they do against Evansville this weekend.

Comment

Standing 4/20/14

Capture.JPG

Comment

Post season Valley tournament.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

4/27/14

Capture.JPG

Comment

Evansville at SIU
                          BU at WSU
                          SWMO at DBU

ISUB is to cheap to play this week

ISUR at Western Illini

Comment

we were supposed to play Grambling State at home, but they canceled the series, that is why we're off for so long, maybe we'll find someone else to play?

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            Evansville at SIU
                            BU at WSU
                            SWMO at DBU

ISUB is to cheap to play this week

ISUR at Western Illini

Comment

Capture.JPG

Illinois State loses 2 of 3 to 202 W. Illinois this weekend and one to 187 Purdue and see their RPI slip from 33 to 58 in a week and puts a real hit on their at-large chances.

Big weekend coming up with the MVC becoming a mess with 5 teams within 2 games of first.

ISUR at EU
                              SWOMO at ISUB
                              DBU at WSU
                              300 rPI Missippi Valley State at SIU

BU is off for the weekend - I see a trend, MVC teams are either using the extra weekend they have available due to only 8 MVC teams as opportunity to save money by not playing or playing crap teams. MVC conference RPI is now hovering between 5 and 6 depending on the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X