Gm 9 - vs LBS [1 of 3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gm 9 - vs LBS [1 of 3]

WSU (6-2) faces off against LBS (2-5) (play USC on Tuesday) on Friday at 3pm for the start of 3 game series. LBS 0-2 away from home. The bad news is the weather look not so good.

Friday: Hi 35, rain and snow possible
    Sat: Hi 27
    Sun: Hi 26, rain/sleet possible

Hopefully the forecast will get better, but it could be very brutal, especially that Saturday game at 4pm.

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    WSU (6-2) faces off against LBS (2-5) (play USC on Tuesday) on Friday at 3pm for the start of 3 game series. LBS 0-2 away from home. The bad news is the weather look not so good.

Friday: Hi 35, rain and snow possible
    Sat: Hi 27
    Sun: Hi 26, rain/sleet possible

Hopefully the forecast will get better, but it could be very brutal, especially that Saturday game at 4pm.
    Think they would agree to play a double header on Friday?

Comment

What are you talking about? This is Shocker Baseball weather. Remember when WF came to town and the game was played in sleet? Of course I was a lot younger then and had a mummy bag to crawl into..

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
        What are you talking about? This is Shocker Baseball weather. Remember when WF came to town and the game was played in sleet? Of course I was a lot younger then and had a mummy bag to crawl into..
        Yeah, but that's when kids then were hard nosed rough necks who were tough minded. Today's kids are pampered prima donnas who can't take being yelled at by the coach or sulk when the conditions don't favor them. I exaggerate but there is some truth to it, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          Or the Minnesota game (downtown) when it was snowing...

Comment

Sounds like we should have an edge. This is the college baseball equivalent of the Dolphins visiting Lambeau Field in December, right?

:D

Comment

Looks like the games have been rescheduled for a double header starting at 1:00 on Friday, with a game time to be determined for Saturday and no game on Sunday.

Dear Shocker Fan,

Due to an inclement weather forecast for this weekend, the Shocker Baseball Team will play a doubleheader on Friday, February 28th. The first game against Long Beach State will begin at 1pm, with the second immediately following. The second game was originally scheduled for Sunday, and therefore will no longer be played on Sunday due to the weather forecast. Saturday’s game is to be determined. Please check GoShockers.com for any further up to date information regarding the weekend games.

Thank you for your continued support of Shocker Athletics!

Go Shockers!

Comment

I think LBS should fly to Dallas and we should bus down and play there over the weekend. There has to be a ballpark in the metroplex large enough to accomodate....

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                  I think LBS should fly to Dallas and we should bus down and play there over the weekend. There has to be a ballpark in the metroplex large enough to accomodate....
                  What do you mean 'bus down'? We could fly down, too.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    What do you mean 'bus down'? We could fly down, too.
                    Yes, but it's 5 hours. Not halfway across the country.

Comment

I believe Shane Dennis reported on Wednesday that Michel Mucha is out 8 weeks. Apparently, the bruised shin turned out to be a fracture.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        Or the Minnesota game (downtown) when it was snowing...

I saw that game on the third base line.
                        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                          Yeah, but that's when kids then were hard nosed rough necks who were tough minded. Today's kids are pampered prima donnas who can't take being yelled at by the coach or sulk when the conditions don't favor them. I exaggerate but there is some truth to it, IMO
                          Gene, is that you?

Comment

Looks like it will be a decent day for baseball. Let's pick up a couple of wins today, right?

Comment

B1, Casey gives us a 2-0 lead with a 2 RBI double to left.

Comment

Working...
                              X