No announcement yet.

Gm 8 - vs Coastal Carolina (Gm 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If benching the player for non/poor execution of a bunt was a message to the team about expectations then "Thank God". Too many times in the past I have heard that the kids now days are just too hard headed, and it's not like in the old days. Well if that was a message then maybe the message is you better perform or we will find someone to take your spot and see how he does. I have NO problem with that philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      If benching the player for non/poor execution of a bunt was a message to the team about expectations then "Thank God". Too many times in the past I have heard that the kids now days are just too hard headed, and it's not like in the old days. Well if that was a message then maybe the message is you better perform or we will find someone to take your spot and see how he does. I have NO problem with that philosophy.
      This is a good coaching philosophy especially if the player that is substituted in performs better. If not, it's like a cat chasing it's tail. It just goes round and round.

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
        Casey may have the best season a Shocker has ever had at the plate.Considering the bbcor bats we use these days he is putting up numbers like he has one of the old rocket launchers we had in the past!Pat Magness type numbers.
        Heckuva start for the Casey. Hopefully, he can sustain it but at some point he simply is going to not get anything to hit unless the guys behind him can make walking him too much of a risk. The way he is going I could see him being intentionally walked with the bases-loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Heckuva start for the Casey. Hopefully, he can sustain it but at some point he simply is going to not get anything to hit unless the guys behind him can make walking him too much of a risk. The way he is going I could see him being intentionally walked with the bases-loaded.
          I imagine he'll cool off a little bit eventually. But we can hope not too much. I'm hopeful that one of Baker/Simpson will step up in the spot behind him. Coy REALLY struggled in that role last year, but he had demonstrated for 3 years that he couldn't hit a D1 breaking ball.

Until then, I would walk him every single time he came up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            I'm hopeful that one of Baker/Simpson will step up in the spot behind him.
            Both would be nice, but maybe that's getting too greedy.

Comment

Working...
            X