Clear All

Too late they are hot now

Comment

Vielock gets the 2nd out.

Comment

9-6 Final

Shox 4-0 on the year

Comment

Vielock closes it out with a K. Shox win 9-6. Pretty good game by the Shox. Unfortunate that Looney and Gardner sucked it up and made it look bad.

Comment

Well that was closer than it needed to be. Is middle relief going to be an ongoing issue for this team?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
              Well that was closer than it needed to be. Is middle relief going to be an ongoing issue for this team?
              Doesn't look like it. They were trying to get a lot of guys work - pitched 7 guys. 5 out of those 7 guys pitched pretty well. The other two didn't. Might have been a couple better choices to run out there, but maybe they were serving their suspensions. But when you are up 9-1, you give some guys chances that maybe you don't trust much to just see what they got.

Baker came back from his suspension and went 0-2 with 3 walks.
              Casey G. is looking like a All-America 3 for 5, 2 RBI
              Frosh Wes Phillips got the start at SS and didn't make an error and for a bonus went 3 for 5, 2 doubles and 3 RBI.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                Way to early to tell. HCTB and PCBK still working around suspensions and also working the new guys in when they can to who can and who can't get the job done.
                At this point I'm not too concerned about it.

From the comments HCTB has made Vielock is likely to be our closer. Ashford and LaBrie should be very tough in middle relief. We also need to find a niche for Kris Gardner I would think. Beyond that I would expect several other guys to be effective in relief. Just not sure exactly who those guys will be yet.

Comment

With Vielock pitching today does that start his 9 games over?
                  First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Good win.

Looks like Looney can head back to the bin. Just not ready for the "big time".
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Another good win, this time against a team that is probably decent.

Lots to like so far.

Comment

goshockers shows that Looney was recruited by Fullerton and LSU. C'mon man! You obviously got some skills if we picked you up and those programs were recruiting you. Step up your game! Yeah it's early, but this is Shocker baseball - you need to represent starting yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Good win.

Looks like Looney can head back to the bin. Just not ready for the "big time".
                          I see what you did there.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
                            Sam tewes looks really good so far. Fastball in the low 90s good control. He's going to be a good one. I also like what I see in freshman wes Phillips . Wait until we are at full strength! This is a good ball club. Well balanced.
                            I decided to go to the beginning of the baseball season to see why we were successful at the beginning and now struggling. Why have we settled for Phillips to be just a "Base Runner" didn't he show promise in the beginning of the season? I thought he looked to have passion and leadership on the field, something lacking in the last half of this season.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
                              Tewes will be our Friday starter the next two years. He was offered $200K out of highschool to sign but his family is well off and college is better for his development. Rae has a sick curveball...he will be great out of the pen. Cody Tyler is a tough lefty, we have a talented pitching staff.

As for the position players I spoke with a scout and Casey is a for sure 1st rounder just need to see how high he goes. Wes Phillips is very impressive and he is our SS of the future. Khile looks really good and will platoon with Mucha. Green still can't hit off pseed and if I was the opposing team I would never no matter what throw him a fastball. Bayliff looks pretty locked in. Simpson is a stud.

We will be a #2 seed at a regional this year. I think we are that good. On our way to hosting again in a year or two.
                              The Shox looked good at the beginning of the season. Maybe we should go back to the lineup we started the season with and make Dane Parker the DH. The Shockers seemed to have great chemistry up until the suspensions were lifted and the the lineups shuffled every game.

Comment

Working...
                              X