Today was Shane Dennis last day as DOBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I hope this proves to be boost to Shane's braodcasting career. Shane is too good to be wasting his time as a DOBO. You could put him in the booth tonight for the Royals TV crew and be making a step up.

Good luck Shane.
    Yeah but I don't think doing color on a few Shocker baseball games a year pays very much. But he is very good at it. I am sure being DOBO is what paid his bills.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
      Yeah but I don't think doing color on a few Shocker baseball games a year pays very much. But he is very good at it. I am sure being DOBO is what paid his bills.
      I understand that very well, but perhaps this will motivate Shane to try and make broadcasting a full time career.

Comment

I very much would hate to lose him doing Shocker games but I am sure he is talented enough to get a full time gig somewhere.

Comment

We have all focused on Shane's broadcasting skills, but it is obvious the guy knows baseball very well. I think he will be a big loss to the team. Having someone like Shane as the DOBO is like having an extra coach.

Comment

We have all focused on Shane's broadcasting skills, but it is obvious the guy knows baseball very well. I think he will be a big loss to the team. Having someone like Shane as the DOBO is like having an extra coach.
            With having BK as pitching coach and with Butler having the proven ability to identify and recruit high talented pitchers the needs of the organization now lay to the offensive side - thus is my quess why you see a new DOBO with hitting resume (and I would assume as will the assistant coach that will be hired).

I hope Shane still does Shocker games, but I have no doubt whatever he choose to do though he will be successful and he has talent to go well beyond WSU baseball announcing given the opportunity.

Comment

"bye" - Curly Bill
              THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

You can call me Bill

Comment

Are Baseball DOBO's allowed to do any coaching or recruiting?

On the college level, the NCAA strictly prohibits the director of basketball operations from coaching, assisting in coaching or recruiting.

I am assuming the rules are the same for a DOBO position in all NCAA sports but maybe that is not a valid assumption.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 25, 2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tripleshock View Post
                  Well, since we're voting our 'druthers', I'd take Shane Dennis all day, every day over MK.

Not only does he know much more about baseball, he can also be much more objective.

In fact, I was kind of hoping MK would just stick to basketball now that his buddy Gene is gone.
                  Have you ever heard the saying, it is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt?

It really apples in this instance.
                  An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Are Baeball DOBO's allowed to do any coaching or recruiting?

On the college level, the NCAA strictly prohibits the director of basketball operations from coaching, assisting in coaching or recruiting.

I am assuming the rules are the same for a DOBO position in all NCAA sports but maybe that is not a valid assumption.
                    Why can't he also be a volunteer assistant? Creative?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Why can't he also be a volunteer assistant? Creative?

Volunteer assistants are an unpaid position. I am sure Shane needs a paying position.

Comment

Volunteer assistants are an unpaid position. I am sure Shane needs a paying position.
                        I don't think @1972Shocker: was talking about Shane. I think he was asking in general (but possibly about the new hire specifically). I was asking in general, what stops a DOBO from having two roles? He could get paid to be a DOBO and also be a volunteer assistant (but not get paid for that time) so that he can help with coaching.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                        X