Today was Shane Dennis last day as DOBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was Shane Dennis last day as DOBO

Jenn Bates (Channel 12) is reporting that today was Shane's last day at WSU.

I am sad to see this. Shane is a great guy. Hopefully he will still get to broadcast the games, although I am sure he will need some other job too to pay the bills.

I agree wholeheartedly. I understand Coach Butler needs his own guys and there's zero animosity for choosing not to keep Shane but I'd love to hear him next spring calling the games with Mike. He's great.

Comment

Bummer, but echo the other sentiments. I almost think Shane could handle baseball by himself all the time - he already does it early on when basketball overlaps.

Comment

Did anyone catch him on the Game Plan this morning? I wasn't able to listen.

Comment

The guy is smart as hell, knows what he's talking about, and provides stellar analysis. Craig Steven should go to classes and listen to what this guy has to say.

I'll be VERY disappointed if Shane isn't alongside Mike next year.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            The guy is smart as hell, knows what he's talking about, and provides stellar analysis. Craig Steven should go to classes and listen to what this guy has to say.

I'll be VERY disappointed if Shane isn't alongside Mike next year.
            +1
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Maybe Shane can do the TV broadcasts instead of Bruce or Craig.

Comment

Well, since we're voting our 'druthers', I'd take Shane Dennis all day, every day over MK.

Not only does he know much more about baseball, he can also be much more objective.

In fact, I was kind of hoping MK would just stick to basketball now that his buddy Gene is gone.
                although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

Shane had a great call in Lawrence for the win over KU. A GREAT call.

Comment

It would seem that Shane would wish his career path to replace MK when that time occurs instead of going into coaching although imo he is qualified to do either.

Comment

Shane is really good. His firing is sad news.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I agree wholeheartedly. I understand Coach Butler needs his own guys and there's zero animosity for choosing not to keep Shane but I'd love to hear him next spring calling the games with Mike. He's great.
                        Dr. Wu is right, coaches need to hire their own guys. I guess we are extremely lucky that Brent is still around.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Although Shane is now gone, Shelley appears to still be there. I wonder if they have decided to keep her?

Comment

I hope this proves to be boost to Shane's braodcasting career. Shane is too good to be wasting his time as a DOBO. You could put him in the booth tonight for the Royals TV crew and be making a step up.

Good luck Shane.

Comment

Working...
                              X