Gene on Gameplan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wildcatmo View Post
    Right now Gene is the only one talking. I'll bet that the other side of the story will start coming out soon.
    I disagree. I don't think we will be hearing much more from the other side.

Comment

I would be surprised if Sexton himself says anything. He may be forced to if what Gene is saying starts to hurt the administration and the school. What is Sexton supposed to do? Stand up and call this "legendary coach" a liar (even though that's what Stephenson has implied as to Sexton). That's about the only way Sexton can confront Gene. It's all a mess and I just wish Gene would shut up. It's not helping his cause. If I were an AD at another school and saw how this was playing out I would walk away as fast as I could. Do you think other ADs don't realize what it would take to let an iconic coach go and the backlash it would cause? These other ADs are smart enough to know there were other factors involved than just the on-field performance issue.

Comment

I am not a fan of Gene the person, but his Shocker legacy from 1977-2013 is etched in stone. I am grateful to Gene and staff for creating the rich history and tradition that is Shocker baseball. That can NEVER be taken away. With that said, Gene is coming across as a little cry baby school girl. STFU and move on. There is a classy way to handle this situation and so far Gene, the narcissist, is rearing his ugly head. I'm sure it sucks to lose the keys to the city, but he is coming across like a whiny, spoiled, entitled b&@#*. Lose the attitude now and save face, because very few are buying his shtick.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
          I am not a fan of Gene the person, but his Shocker legacy from 1977-2013 is etched in stone. I am grateful to Gene and staff for creating the rich history and tradition that is Shocker baseball. That can NEVER be taken away. With that said, Gene is coming across as a little cry baby school girl. STFU and move on. There is a classy way to handle this situation and so far Gene, the narcissist, is rearing his ugly head. I'm sure it sucks to lose the keys to the city, but he is coming across like a whiny, spoiled, entitled b&@#*. Lose the attitude now and save face, because very few are buying his shtick.
          Hard to argue against that.
          "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
            Hard to argue against that.
            Agreed

Comment

It would be extremely difficult to argue against that.

Comment

Nice article on Gene: http://newsok.com/article/3854751

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
                  Nice article on Gene: http://newsok.com/article/3854751
                  Thanks for the link. That is a nice article. Very long too.

Comment

It is a nice article.

Comment

I wonder if Barry will write a story calling for the Sooners to hire Krusty? I suspect not. Too bad all of this support for Coach Stephenson did not translate to butts I the seats. Onward and upward!

Go Shocks!
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Butler's in a very difficult position to start off his career. He's taking over a program built and led by a living legend. Add on top of that the expectations of the fan base to see immediate success, 'cold weather' program, no football, no BCS money he is used to seeing at Arkansas, he'll see recruiting at WSU presents a tougher challenge than what he's used to, taking over the fund raising reigns, and the numerous comparisons that will be made to Gene.

The article says 1.1 million is stashed away, isn't phase II plans for the Eck around 5 million? He's got 4 million to go.

No doubt the growth of college baseball played a great factor in the lack of success our program has had of late (we just aren't getting the players we used to get), but I truly wonder that Gene seeing the door was strictly about wins and losses, there had to have been something else. Oh well, water under the bridge now, time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                          Butler's in a very difficult position to start off his career. He's taking over a program built and led by a living legend. Add on top of that the expectations of the fan base to see immediate success, 'cold weather' program, no football, no BCS money he is used to seeing at Arkansas, he'll see recruiting at WSU presents a tougher challenge than what he's used to, taking over the fund raising reigns, and the numerous comparisons that will be made to Gene.

The article says 1.1 million is stashed away, isn't phase II plans for the Eck around 5 million? He's got 4 million to go.

No doubt the growth of college baseball played a great factor in the lack of success our program has had of late (we just aren't getting the players we used to get), but I truly wonder that Gene seeing the door was strictly about wins and losses, there had to have been something else. Oh well, water under the bridge now, time to move on.
                          At least he is inheriting a team that should be very good next year. Nearly everybody is back and Chase Simpson (who looked great in fall ball last year) will be eligible. It is a lot better situation then a lot of coaches come into.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                              It's still a team that had an RPI of 103 this year, let's not act like he's inheriting the keys to Eden.
                              And with Dallas Baptist coming into the league - they might be even picked to finish 2nd or 3rd in the pre-season

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                And with Dallas Baptist coming into the league - they might be even picked to finish 2nd or 3rd in the pre-season
                                I would like to be the "spoiler" in the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X