Veritas on Leave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veritas on Leave

Eric Sexton. The Wizard of Oz representative for WSU. The guy has no courage, no brains, and no heart!!!

He couldn't manage a Cat House in Las Vegas.

What has HE ever accomplished?

You're next to go Eric. You screwed the pooch again.

Capture.JPG

Comment

I used to be behind ADES 100% up until about a year ago or so. Just too much incompetence in the Athletic Dept. I just kept making excuses and standing behind our AD, but I just couldn't do it anymore. I think maybe being AD is way over ADES head. He had no athletic dept. experience when he was hired. He was actually put in an impossible situation. But I think it is time to hire a new, experienced AD.

Comment

Because ad hominem attacks and misspelled titles are totally going to win you support.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

I'm sure after the Coy issue and the way Mean Gene treated Marshall - Dr. Sexton earned some points with Marshall today.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
            I used to be behind ADES 100% up until about a year ago or so. Just too much incompetence in the Athletic Dept. I just kept making excuses and standing behind our AD, but I just couldn't do it anymore. I think maybe being AD is way over ADES head. He had no athletic dept. experience when he was hired. He was actually put in an impossible situation. But I think it is time to hire a new, experienced AD.
            lol - you sure are butt-hurt.

Women's Volleyball - 3rd Place Regular Season - NCAA At-Large - Sweet 16
            Cross Country - Women 2nd and Men 3rd - Aliphine MVC Individual Champion & MVP and All-American with her 4th place finish in the National Championship
            Men's Basketball - 2nd Place Regular Season - NCAA At-Large - Final Four
            Women's Basketball - MVC Regular Season Co-Champs and MVC Tournament Champs - NCAA 1st Round
            Indoor Track & Field - Women 1st and Men 2nd - Aliphine finished 3rd in the 5K at the National Meet
            Men's Golf - MVC Champs by a record margin - NCAA Regional
            Women's Golf - MVC 2nd Place
            Women's Tennis - MVC Regular Season and MVC Tournament Champs - NCAA 1st Round
            Men's Tennis - MVC 2nd Place Regular Season and MVC Tournament Champs - NCAA 1st Round
            Outdoor Track & Field - Both women and men finished 2nd Place - 3 Men and 2 Women have qualified for upcoming NCAA Championships including a decathlete and a heptathlete - mulitple All-American performances are possible
            Baseball - MVC 2nd place and MVC Tournament Champs - NCAA Regional
            Softball - MVC 8th place. The only Shocker team not finishing in the Top 3 of the league.

All-Sports Trophy Winner - Average finish of 2.30 in 15 sports setting a new record.

WSU has had perhaps the best year overall in the history of its athletic programs. Congratulations and kudos to all Shocker athletes and coaches who have contributed to this very successful year.

Comment

Eric might deserve criticism for several things, but how is this one of them? How could Eric have handled this situation with baseball any better? Give Gene a lifetime contract with a seven-figure salary? I guarantee that Eric's predecessor would have handled this virtually the same way. If anything, Jim Schaus might have tried to find a way to raise money for a buyout to fire him sooner. The only reason we are in this situation was because when Gene had the OU episode, he went above Schaus's head (to Beggs) to ask for his job back. If it were Jim's choice, Gene probably would have stayed in Norman.
              78-65

Comment

I knew it was a matter of time Veritas was in here with his schtick..
                Last edited by WSU Shocker; June 4, 2013, 06:44 PM. Reason: You were too crude on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  I'm sure after the Coy issue and the way Mean Gene treated Marshall - Dr. Sexton earned some points with Marshall today.
                  Completely forgot about that - and some on this forum blamed Sexton for that, if I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                    Because ad hominem attacks and misspelled titles are totally going to win you support.
                    Yep.... Might be time for glasses with this iPhone.
                    I probably will have more support than your midget puppet will ShizzleMcDrizzle

Ops Sorry Shiz. Danged AutoCorrect!

Comment

Women's Volleyball - 3rd Place Regular Season - NCAA At-Large - Sweet 16
                      Cross Country - Women 2nd and Men 3rd - Aliphine MVC Individual Champion & MVP and All-American with her 4th place finish in the National Championship
                      Men's Basketball - 2nd Place Regular Season - NCAA At-Large - Final Four
                      Women's Basketball - MVC Regular Season Co-Champs and MVC Tournament Champs - NCAA 1st Round
                      Indoor Track & Field - Women 1st and Men 2nd - Aliphine finished 3rd in the 5K at the National Meet
                      Men's Golf - MVC Champs by a record margin - NCAA Regional
                      Women's Golf - MVC 2nd Place
                      Women's Tennis - MVC Regular Season and MVC Tournament Champs - NCAA 1st Round
                      Men's Tennis - MVC 2nd Place Regular Season and MVC Tournament Champs - NCAA 1st Round
                      Outdoor Track & Field - Both women and men finished 2nd Place - 3 Men and 2 Women have qualified for upcoming NCAA Championships including a decathlete and a heptathlete - mulitple All-American performances are possible
                      Baseball - MVC 2nd place and MVC Tournament Champs - NCAA Regional
                      Softball - MVC 8th place. The only Shocker team not finishing in the Top 3 of the league.

All-Sports Trophy Winner - Average finish of 2.30 in 15 sports setting a new record.

WSU has had perhaps the best year overall in the history of its athletic programs. Congratulations and kudos to all Shocker athletes and coaches who have contributed to this very successful year.
                      Those damn facts keep getting in the way of a good argument.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

you can do alot better than that

Comment

It's 10PM Monday and I'm stil not exactly sure what ADES done with Mean Gene. So can someone spell it out for me? Exactly what has he done that causes someone to want to fire him?

Comment

This thread is one of those times we need to pause and take a deep breath before posting. I can completely understand the emotions during this time. Coach Stephenson has been here longer than most of us can remember, even longer than some of us has been alive. The results the last 5 years haven't been what we are accustomed to, this cannot be debatable. However, is this enough to replace a living legend in college baseball? I see both sides, but what we all are missing is the behind the scene factors.

Both sides need to relax a bit. Gene has not destroyed this program as many have said. We have been close to making the NCAA the last few year. We will still be one of the top programs in College baseball. This will be an attractive job for many college coaches. Money will not be the deciding factor in the replacement coach. The program will still be one that competes for NCAA tourney berths year in year out.

Comment

I love how everything that goes well in the athletic department is not Sexton's doing and everything that goes wrong is always his fault (and the examples that generally come up often seem dubious - e.g. people complaining about the timing of a notification about changes to parking; when did you want the notification, AFTER you had sent your SASO check in?).

But if we are going to use the logic that the person in charge only gets blame for the bad and no credit for the good, that still doesn't explain outrage over firing Gene. After all, by that logic, Gene had no responsibility for WSU's national championship or other CWS appearances. He only was responsible for the disappointing seasons and the OU incident, right?

I can't say for sure what the right move here is, but after what has happened post OU and especially the last few eyars, I don't know how anyone can assert that either firing or retaining Gene is an untenable decision for the AD. It would be stupid to be mad at ADES for retaining Gene, after all, he is one of the winningest coaches of all time and built the program. It would be stupid to be mad at ADES for letting Gene go, after all, he has made a pattern of cutting himself off from the AD's office, made no attempts to correct obvious holes in the coaching staff, had steady decline in performance not just at a national level, but even in a mediocre league, and seen a major drop in attendance. Very good reasons for either action, and maybe ADES ultimately made the wrong one, but I'll save my indigation for situations that have an obvious right choice not ones as messy as this one.
                              Last edited by The Mad Hatter; June 3, 2013, 10:15 PM.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                              X