No announcement yet.

Gene Stephenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Interesting quote by Parker father

“I think sometimes you do need the new to come in or the old to change with the times,” Wayne Parker said. “I’m not saying (Stephenson) has to either go or stay, but when you have all the records for the wins you also have to take responsibility for the losses. Sometimes you need change one way or the other …

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
        I just don't see any rationale for someone to be 100% behind Stephenson.

One thing I've learned from the last decade+ of being on Arkansas message boards through many coaching changes is that some fans will never say a coach should be fired, ever. For some people supporting the program just automatically extends to supporting whoever the coaches are.

Comment

Guttin really only make 78K?

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
              Guttin really only make 78K?
              No. He makes $82,513

Capture.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                No. He makes $82,513

[ATTACH=CONFIG]849[/ATTACH]
                I believe that is only his state taxpayer salary. I remember a MoSt fan telling me a couple of years ago that that is only about half of his salary. His other half comes from non-taxpayer funds. If that really is the case, he would be making around $165,000.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                    That would be quite the nice deal for MSU if true. I wonder why Gene doesn't privately raise $265,000 of his own salary and let the school keep the other half?
                    I believe the state pays 0% of Gene's salary. If you check the Kansas state pay databases (like the kansas.com one that is similar to the Missouri data base used to find Guttin's salary, or the open government source link I list below), Gene's name doesn't come up (nor does Marshall's).

I believe both of their salaries are 100% paid with non-taxpayer funds. If you do a state salary search, ADES salary comes up at around $180,000 and the highest paid WSU coach that comes up is Chris Lamb at $172,214.06. They may also get some non-taxpayer funds but I don't know that. What is stunning is how many state employees make over $100,000.

The web-site does state the following (which I believe applies both to Gene and Gregg Marshall):

This report lists employees who were paid $100,000 or more from state funds. State employees paid with privately-raised funds, such as many university coaches, may belong on this list but records of privately raised funds are not subject to Kansas Open Records requests. The amounts listed do not include benefits.

http://www.kansasopengov.org/StateGo...1/Default.aspx
                    Last edited by shox1989; June 2, 2013, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X