Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the NCAA justify K-State as a regional FACILITY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on your one brief moment of glory...you won a watered down football league(losing by 28 in the one big game you had), choked away an NCAA hoops game as a TOO high seed, and you now have a pretty sad baseball league. AND a little league park....

And worse yet for YOU...you 'll never be KU....and that's REALLY what you want....

Comment

KState fans make it really hard to cheer for them. My brother is a KState grad with class so I want to root for them when they aren't playing WSU, but then their fans come on a Shocker site and run their mouths, and I think maybe I just want KSU to be KSU and win nothing of significants.
      THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 07:13 PM.

Comment

I know it was awhile ago but I will take the fact we have more National Championships in baseball then KSU has in football, baseball and basketball combined.
          THERE ARE FLOCKS OF BIRDS AND MANY A CAT ------ BUT ONLY ONE WUSHOCK!

Comment

It's the biggest game in their baseball program's history. After failing on the national stage in football, and getting dominated three times by KU and then losing in the first round of the Big Dance in basketball, this is what they have to rely on to save their year. What do you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by homcat View Post
              Good thing WSU won't have to worry about staying in JC too long. They will be back in Wichita by dinner time tomorrow. I love it when WSU fans over value their baseball program and their stadium. The fact is KSU has bypassed WSU. Good players don't care to play in the Mo. Valley if they can play at a higher level. The 80's and 90's are WAY in the past.
              It takes a lot to come on to another team's message board in a time of good fortune and turn loose like the tool bag fanbase you are. You have not represented very well on this site as guests. Now I have to assume this is how your bandwagon fanbase really is.

Arkansas will eat you guys up like there's no tomorrow. It'll look great on the little league diamond.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Good thing WSU won't have to worry about staying in JC too long. They will be back in Wichita by dinner time tomorrow. I love it when WSU fans over value their baseball program and their stadium. The fact is KSU has bypassed WSU. Good players don't care to play in the Mo. Valley if they can play at a higher level. The 80's and 90's are WAY in the past.
                Are you guys going to commemorate this win with a banner on your outfield wall? Seems it doesn't take much to do that. Our outfield wall is covered in sponsor advertisements. We do keep record of our success in the stadium though, via the field-facing walls of the press box. Included within the upteen gazillion tourney appearances posted there are the years 2007 and 2008. Not long ago, eh? How about when your cute little grape t-ball team accomplishes at the very minimum what we did in 2007 and 2008, then you start talking.

If you truely think the BatKats (lordy... ) have surpassed WSU baseball in national respect and cache, then you're really as stupid and annoying as the KU basketball and NU/OU football fans say you are.

Comment

Ok guys, calm down. I see where you are coming from but I know many KSU fans and KU fans that are mature in their postings (unlike this guy). And like you, I don't like that fact that a KSU fan comes on our board and crap talks us like he did. If we want to slam another school/team ON OUR BOARD, that is our right. We just shouldn't go on their board and do so. And remember, this is only ONE KSU fan, not an entire fan base. We don't like all Shocker fans judged by what one or two WSU poster say or do, so turnabout is fair play. That being said, this guy is a Class I jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                    Ok guys, calm down. I see where you are coming from but I know many KSU fans and KU fans that are mature in their postings (unlike this guy). And like you, I don't like that fact that a KSU fan comes on our board and crap talks us like he did. If we want to slam another school/team ON OUR BOARD, that is our right. We just shouldn't go on their board and do so. And remember, this is only ONE KSU fan, not an entire fan base. We don't like all Shocker fans judged by what one or two WSU poster say or do, so turnabout is fair play. That being said, this guy is a Class I jerk.
                    I think 1 out of the 5 BatKat trolls that came on to grace our presence this week was a good one (KSTATER). Everybody else was a complete bandwagon douche. So yes, I am going to judge that fanbase based on that. Nobody else has come in to try to clean anything up or save face. Just bandie douche after bandie douche.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

WSU hasn't been relevant in baseball since the early 2000's. Yet the Shockers act like they have been. They will not be relevant again on a National level ever. WSU was one of the 1st midwest teams to actually emphasis baseball thus building a pretty darn good program. Other than OSU, no other midwest school matched WSU in emphasis on baseball. In the last 10 years baseball has become more important to other school thus WSU has seen a significant drop in success.
                      KSU has continued to improve their facility and placed more emphasis on baseball thus showing steady improvement over the last 5-10 years. WSU will continue to compete in the Mo. Valley because it is the Mo. Valley. KSU will probably not win to many conference Championships with the likes of OU, OSU, Texas..... but I imagine they will continue to win more than their fair share of games against WSU. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers but when you call KSU's baseball stadium little league and question why they host you deserve a little grief. KSU earned the host and at least for today did nothing to show anything differently.

Comment

WSU hasn't been relevant in baseball since the early 2000's. Yet the Shockers act like they have been. They will not be relevant again on a National level ever. WSU was one of the 1st midwest teams to actually emphasis baseball thus building a pretty darn good program. Other than OSU, no other midwest school matched WSU in emphasis on baseball. In the last 10 years baseball has become more important to other school thus WSU has seen a significant drop in success.
                        KSU has continued to improve their facility and placed more emphasis on baseball thus showing steady improvement over the last 5-10 years. WSU will continue to compete in the Mo. Valley because it is the Mo. Valley. KSU will probably not win to many conference Championships with the likes of OU, OSU, Texas..... but I imagine they will continue to win more than their fair share of games against WSU. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers but when you call KSU's baseball stadium little league and question why they host you deserve a little grief. KSU earned the host and at least for today did nothing to show anything differently.
                        This our board, dickwad. We can say whatever the &*(# we want about your rinky dink little league field. You coming here and getting so butthurt about it further proves everybody's point. If it wasn't truthful, you would have just ignored it. But you didn't.

You have no history. You are a nobody. You will always be a nobody. Brad Hill will probably leave KSU for a traditional, established, and better program like WSU.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You're on a Wichita state message board and you're upset about your little league stadium getting bashed? It's a fair question to ask as to why silo tech is hosting. You won today mostly because of the dumpster fire that is wsu pitching, not because the purple p@$$ies are anything special.

question: would you take wsu's results since the early 2000's or kitten

Wsu since 2000: 66.1% winning, 9 regionals, 2 supers, 17-17 postseason

Ksu under hill: 56.3% winning, 2 regionals, no supers, 4-6 postseason
                          Last edited by Spaulding; May 31, 2013, 07:16 PM.
                          "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

I just got back from the walloping in Manhattan.

Their stadium reminds me a bit of WSU's stadium when I was in college in the 1980s, only smaller and no outfield hill. Their scoreboard is from the 1980s.

It is a dinky stadium, but KSU hits the ball.

The crowd was probably 60-40 KSU which is pretty good for WSU given the small amount of tickets available.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              This our board, dickwad. We can say whatever the &*(# we want about your rinky dink little league field.
                              Perhaps Shockerfan should worry more about fielding a little league team, than having to play on a little league field. If 3,000 seat, full FieldTurf, stadiums are "little league" in Wichita, you would think the home town team could field a better club. Oh well, Fenway Park or little league stadium, that was a good ol' fashioned ass whoopen.

Comment

Originally posted by shockkansas View Post
                                Perhaps Shockerfan should worry more about fielding a little league team, than having to play on a little league field. If 3,000 seat, full FieldTurf, stadiums are "little league" in Wichita, you would think the home town team could field a better club. Oh well, Fenway Park or little league stadium, that was a good ol' fashioned ass whoopen.
                                CAN SOMEBODY BAN THIS EFFING CLOWN ALREADY?

Little League Westurban bandwagon fans are REALLY out in force. Can't wait to watch Arkansas bury them tomorrow.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X