Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do people still get to bring up the Ben Christensen incident since it turned out Anthony Molina likes little girls? Maybe Christensen should've aimed for his grapes instead of his head.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewVonLintel View Post
      Bruce is a terrible coach and a terrible recruiter. He was at a great situation and ran it into the ground at Illinois. I know you guys know that because you care about college basketball.

I understand how you interpreted my post and I will correct my mistake for you.

There are lots of reasons to do it but if you don't have the right guy to replace him than you can really shoot yourselves in the foot (Bruce Weber).

My amigos that are happy that Frank Martin became Bruce Weber are not correct. If Frank became Greg Marshall, or Tad Boyle or Brad Stevens or Bill Self it would be cool. That is my whole point about the Fire Gene Party. Hell we did it with Bill Snyder. Bill needs to go and then we get Ron Prince??????

Don't blindly trust AD's to make good hires.
      A very valid point about firing first and asking questions later, Andrew.

The nouveau riche K-Staters haven't exactly enhanced the board with some of their less than gracious, poorly informed gloating (although in fairness, we've had some pretty poor hosts making posts in response). But give their team credit. It's a good group led by an outstanding coach that, in a vacuum, I'd love to have at WSU; it's also a program that seems to be headed in the right direction (something far from clear in good old Doodah). Clearly, they also had some good fortune this year, and not just in the form of Arkansas' gift runs for them today: a look at their stats coming into the day showed EIGHT regulars who had played at least 55 games. That kind of injury avoidance and resulting lineup stability is a huge help, although their good offense wasn't just a matter of stability; all eight of those guys also batted at least .313 and had OBAs of .400 or over.

So although K-State has a ways to go to be nationally relevant, they have to start somewhere, and I'd personally rather be where they are on that path right now than where WSU is. Plus, how can you not love a coaching staff from Kansas that manages to bring in two of their best offensive players from OHIO, one from the Cleveland area and one from around Columbus? That's some good work. The pitching isn't nearly as impressive, and Oregon State, which can both hit AND pitch, will be a huge test on the road. But at least the Kitties get to take the test.

Comment

• Originally posted by WildBatCats View Post
        Yes I did actually! Thanks for having me.

I just laugh about being called bandwagon when I live in wichita and see the bandwaggoning first hand. I walked into academy sports and there was a table of shirts for the final four. I jokingly asked what was going on and a lady in a "Final Four" shirt said, "didn't you hear? WSU made the tournament. That is Wichita for you. No lie there were ku fans buying them too... As for the eliteness, you aren't, no matter what you think. You had some good years awhile ago and your own fanbase will admit the good years MAY be by you. A nat champ is cool, no doubt, but it's a distant memory. I am a level headed fan, I know ksu'ers can be ridiculous at times, the 3maw is cool but I'd love a nat title. I'm not here to flame or troll but damn get back to earth a little. Obviously baseball plays a 3rd fiddle to FB and Basketball so don't pretend like your ECK funded facilities and program are THE top tier. Your board, so all of that is meant respectfully.
        This is too cute. WSU has been out of the tournament for 24 hours, not even relevant to this year's tournament anymore, and yet Kitten fans continue to find their way to the WSU board, displaying their insecurities and softness. I guess WSU is still a on their minds, even when they're out of the tournament. That, in of itself, proves the point on which program is second fiddle to who. All of a sudden, Kitten State wins their first regional EVER, and when I say ever I mean since eternity, you have all these nub Kitten fans all of a sudden becoming Batkat baseball fanatics and signing up for Shockernet to join in on cute little college baseball discussion. Absolutely classic. You can't get much more hypocritical, bandie, and insecure than that. You really wouldn't know what a Final Four feels like, because you were probably still a little sperm swimming in daddy's nut pouch the last time Kitten State was in a Final Four. And I even love the national championship commentary. A fan of a school that has won exactly ZERO National Championships in ANYTHING is giving his opinion about the "coolness" of national championships. That is classic. A distant memory, eh maybe, but a memory none the less. It sure as hell beats what Kitten State has going in that department.

I love people that say I'm not here to "flame or troll", but then you see an opposing fan signing up during a cute little win streak on an opponent's message board and proceed to get insecure and post 3 consecutive trolly posts. I forgot though. This is goEMAWMOOOnation.com. It is expected to be bowing down to the bandies up from up north around here.

Get back to earth a little? Says the one who can't keep their computer screen off a WSU message board. WSU is an elite baseball program based on its national title, numerous CWS appearances, 28 NCAA Tournament appearances, annual Top 10 average attendance figures, highest paid coaching staff, etc., compared to Kitten State's flash-in-the-pan stretch of zero national titles, zero CWS appearances, 4 NCAA Tournament appearances (over the last half-decade), little league facility, low attendance figures, and mediocre coaching salaries. I could go on about the Final Four in basketball but that would be burning it a bit too hot. And you're trying to tell me to come back down to earth on MY TEAM'S message board? Go **** yourself. TOP TIER owns your EMAWMOOO equestrian-level programs.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WildBatCats View Post
          Well that's just wrong and a ridiculous statement.
          Nope, it's true. You're a nobody. You were an eyelash away from the Mountain West. You hang on to other schools' coattails in your conference.

You're now here on a WSU baseball forum showing everybody how big, bad, and BCS you are, and by showing that you clearly are superior to WSU in everything. But yet WSU fans are important enough for you to come on to their message board and for you to care what they think. You are the true definition of "little brother".
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• And finally, I wait with baited breath for Oregon State to destroy the hearts of the EMAWMOO bandwagon nation next weekend, when yet another Kitten State sport comes up short in yet another postseason quest.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Has a single one of you K-State fans taken my challenge and asked Brad Hill, to his face, if he considers his job a hobby? No. Why? Just do it. If you are bold enough to come over to a WSU board to boost your self-esteem surely you are bold enough to ask your coach that simple question.

Comment

Working...
              X