This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndrewVonLintel View Post
    I would be careful on the Fire Gene theme. I understand that you guys want a coach that will get Regionals every year but realize you are just as likely to go backwards as forwards when you move beyond Gene.
    Condescending lil prik...I understand you're new to this baseball thing but wtf do you know about anything college or wsu baseball? GMAFB. WSU has more CWS wins than kitties have regional wins.

Comment

• All I'm saying is that as a Shox alum, I'd be moritified if I ever found out that I'm related to you, or that I personally know you. Grown-ups acting like total children...what an impression for the University. Keep it classy, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by hanvalen View Post
        All I'm saying is that as a Shox alum, I'd be moritified if I ever found out that I'm related to you, or that I personally know you. Grown-ups acting like total children...what an impression for the University. Keep it classy, folks.
        Anybody got a picture of a pot and a kettle? How about a douche and a bigger douche?

You and the majority of your bandwagon fanbase that has come over here is an embarrassment to your institution. Of course, this is nothing new. We've been hearing this from KU and Mizzou fans all along and it is now we're seeing it with our own eyes on our own freaking message board, thanks to d-bag bandies like you. GTFO.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It seems to me that we (K-State) are getting more and more success in Big 10 country. It was already starting to work for us and now with Nebraska in the Big 10, the trend seems to be accelerating. We have 2 from Ohio, 5 from Illinois, 1 from Minnesota, Nebraska, South Dakota and Iowa. I talked to several of the recruits Parents last night and the Big 12 is more appealing than the Big 10 due primarily too weather but they like they are also enjoying the whole title town theme right now.

I would be careful on the Fire Gene theme. I understand that you guys want a coach that will get Regionals every year but realize you are just as likely to go backwards as forwards when you move beyond Gene.
          I appreciate some of what you say, but looking a little deeper:

You were talking to recruits parents last night? Under what pretense? One of 2 things is likely....that you just committed at least one if not several violations of NCAA rules or 2, you're completely full of ****.

Let's say you were...so the Big12 is more appealing than the Big10? Wow, I'm stunned...I gotta lie down. I suspect since you're enjoying your first successes in college baseball that things like players not liking to play in cold weather (or colder weather) is a theory you're just warming to...the rest of us got that about 35 years ago.

The whole "title town theme right now"..... lol. Much like my 16-10 T-Shirts I printed 26 years ago, the likelihood of KSU repeating any of that is much like the chance of WSU extending it's football winning streak over the Cats to 2.

The dice came up 7 three times in a row. It was a fluke and EMOM (that's every man outside Manhattan) knows it.

Now, I do think Brad will keep KSU near the top for the foreseeable future. He's really good.

As for our coach, you let us worry about that. We aren't ORU or Northwestern or KState. We have an ELITE program with ELITE facilities and we'll spend ELITE money from our ELITE fan base to stay at the top of the college baseball world. We have expectations on and off the field, and those expectations will be achieved or we'll make changes.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

As for our coach, you let us worry about that. We aren't ORU or Northwestern or KState. We have an ELITE program with ELITE facilities and we'll spend ELITE money from our ELITE fan base to stay at the top of the college baseball world. We have expectations on and off the field, and those expectations will be achieved or we'll make changes.

Good luck the rest of the season.
            You can't be serious with this Elite stuff...

Comment

• 1. I was watching the Arkansas/Bryant game out in left field and a couple guys came up and stood next to me. After a couple innings we struck up a conversation and they were recruits Fathers from South Dakota and Iowa. They were excited about their son's coming to play baseball at K-State for a multitude of reasons but they were also excited about K-State Football and we talked about it for half an inning. I don't know if these recruits are big time but it was an interesting conversation.

2. The cold weather thing obviously isn't new but now K-State baseball has the resources to scour Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa and recruit up there. Nebraska stepping down into the Big 10 helps also. KU and K-State are the closest Big 12 Baseball to the Big 10.

3. I realize why you want to fire Gene. There are lots of reasons to do it but if you don't have the right guy to replace him (Bruce Weber) than you can really shoot yourselves in the foot.

Comment

• Originally posted by WildBatCats View Post
                You can't be serious with this Elite stuff...
                You can't be serious that you actually registered at an opposing message board just to drop that line?

Do some research. Just a teeny weeny bit. Make comparisons between what WSU has, what other top programs have, and what Flashinthepan, I mean KSU, has. Judging by your ignorance, you'll be shocked at what you find out.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

3. I realize why you want to fire Gene. There are lots of reasons to do it but if you don't have the right guy to replace him (Bruce Weber) than you can really shoot yourselves in the foot.
                  I look forward to your Bruce Weber report in about two years.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Okay, this has to stop. While I am laughing my ass off on this thread, enough is enough. Kansas State is nothing. Absolutely nothing. Talk about an irrelevant bunch of nothings. Title Town? Oh my God! When I read Title Town I laughed like I haven't laughed in years. Seriously. They might want to dial that Title Town talk down a few notches. If that Title Town stuff gets outside of the border of the State of Kansas, the collective nation will laugh harder than is even imaginable!

So, Kansas State won a few conference titles in the little Texas League? Have their fans looked at the relevance of the Texas League on the national stage? The Texas League has become a joke. A football first league that is bad at football. A basketball league that puts five teams into the dance, only to have one team make a sweet 16? And no further! So the Texas League is bad at basketball, too. Now I don't know much about college baseball, it is well known that I think it's a stupid game. But I have read enough about the dumb game to know that the Texas League is bad at baseball this year, too.

And there you have it, Kansas State fans beating their chests about winning a few titles in a bad league! Kansas State is not a force in anything. Academically, they do have one program they can be proud of, veterinary school. So while they are patronizing Wichita State about beating them in a baseball game, really, the only thing they are good at is administering vaccines to pigs and goats.

I'm a little disappointed that Shocker fans are even responding to these trolls.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

KU and K-State are the closest Big 12 Baseball to the Big 10.
                      Not only geographically, but also in national significance over the last few decades.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        Okay, this has to stop. While I am laughing my ass off on this thread, enough is enough. Kansas State is nothing. Absolutely nothing. Talk about an irrelevant bunch of nothings. Title Town? Oh my God! When I read Title Town I laughed like I haven't laughed in years. Seriously. They might want to dial that Title Town talk down a few notches. If that Title Town stuff gets outside of the border of the State of Kansas, the collective nation will laugh harder than is even imaginable!

So, Kansas State won a few conference titles in the little Texas League? Have their fans looked at the relevance of the Texas League on the national stage? The Texas League has become a joke. A football first league that is bad at football. A basketball league that puts five teams into the dance, only to have one team make a sweet 16? And no further! So the Texas League is bad at basketball, too. Now I don't know much about college baseball, it is well known that I think it's a stupid game. But I have read enough about the dumb game to know that the Texas League is bad at baseball this year, too.

And there you have it, Kansas State fans beating their chests about winning a few titles in a bad league! Kansas State is not a force in anything. Academically, they do have one program they can be proud of, veterinary school. So while they are patronizing Wichita State about beating them in a baseball game, really, the only thing they are good at is administering vaccines to pigs and goats.

I'm a little disappointed that Shocker fans are even responding to these trolls.
                        Pigs and goats? Is that a little bit harsh? LMAO!

Nevertheless, so are so correcto.
                        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Welcome back MVJ.

And spot on!
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            You can't be serious that you actually registered at an opposing message board just to drop that line?

Do some research. Just a teeny weeny bit. Make comparisons between what WSU has, what other top programs have, and what Flashinthepan, I mean KSU, has. Judging by your ignorance, you'll be shocked at what you find out.
                            Yes I did actually! Thanks for having me.

I just laugh about being called bandwagon when I live in wichita and see the bandwaggoning first hand. I walked into academy sports and there was a table of shirts for the final four. I jokingly asked what was going on and a lady in a "Final Four" shirt said, "didn't you hear? WSU made the tournament. That is Wichita for you. No lie there were ku fans buying them too... As for the eliteness, you aren't, no matter what you think. You had some good years awhile ago and your own fanbase will admit the good years MAY be by you. A nat champ is cool, no doubt, but it's a distant memory. I am a level headed fan, I know ksu'ers can be ridiculous at times, the 3maw is cool but I'd love a nat title. I'm not here to flame or troll but damn get back to earth a little. Obviously baseball plays a 3rd fiddle to FB and Basketball so don't pretend like your ECK funded facilities and program are THE top tier. Your board, so all of that is meant respectfully.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                              Okay, this has to stop. While I am laughing my ass off on this thread, enough is enough. Kansas State is nothing. Absolutely nothing. Talk about an irrelevant bunch of nothings. Title Town? Oh my God! When I read Title Town I laughed like I haven't laughed in years. Seriously. They might want to dial that Title Town talk down a few notches. If that Title Town stuff gets outside of the border of the State of Kansas, the collective nation will laugh harder than is even imaginable!

Well that's just wrong and a ridiculous statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                                I look forward to your Bruce Weber report in about two years.

Bruce is a terrible coach and a terrible recruiter. He was at a great situation and ran it into the ground at Illinois. I know you guys know that because you care about college basketball.

I understand how you interpreted my post and I will correct my mistake for you.

There are lots of reasons to do it but if you don't have the right guy to replace him than you can really shoot yourselves in the foot (Bruce Weber).

My amigos that are happy that Frank Martin became Bruce Weber are not correct. If Frank became Greg Marshall, or Tad Boyle or Brad Stevens or Bill Self it would be cool. That is my whole point about the Fire Gene Party. Hell we did it with Bill Snyder. Bill needs to go and then we get Ron Prince??????

Don't blindly trust AD's to make good hires.

Comment

Working...
                                X