NCAA Selection Show- 11 AM CST Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Selection Show- 11 AM CST Monday

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 09:39 AM.

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
      Looks like every regional game will enjoy ESPN/ESPN3 coverage. This is the first year that's ever happened.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...erage/2119593/
      It's about damn time. And it's about doubly time that WSU is a part of it again.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This projection boots us west. I could actually see something like that happening, rewarding a better RPI team like St. Louis more proximity close to home. If the NCAA wants some more $$ and better atmosphere over the course of the regional, I think we know who should be there.

But then again, a worse RPI team than us, Valpo, gets to play int their own backyard against Indiana, so who knows really..
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Call me crazy -- one or two of you will no doubt be glad to oblige -- but I'm thinking that no one associated with the K-State program is looking forward to a possible 1 vs. 4 matchup between K-State and WSU next weekend in Manhattan. Cat fans may be eager, but their players and coaches? Not likely.

Comment

Kstate plays with confidence and with good reason. They hit the ball and they field the ball. They don't have that "ace" starter however. Now I'll agree it's not the typical 1-4 matchup (if it comes to fruition) but still KState would have to be the heavy, heavy favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                    Call me crazy -- one or two of you will no doubt be glad to oblige -- but I'm thinking that no one associated with the K-State program is looking forward to a possible 1 vs. 4 matchup between K-State and WSU next weekend in Manhattan. Cat fans may be eager, but their players and coaches? Not likely.
                    I don't think ANY #1 seed should be comfortable playing the Shox the way they are playing right now. This is the year of the Shox! Play Angry!

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                      Right now, they have scoreboard on WSU 2-0. So yes, I'd say you're a nutjob.

Would I love the matchup and opportunity to go watch it happen and make about 3,000 bandwagon K-State fans cry? Absolutely.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Right now, they have scoreboard on WSU 2-0. So yes, I'd say you're a nutjob.

Would I love the matchup and opportunity to go watch it happen and make about 3,000 bandwagon K-State fans cry? Absolutely.
                        Not sure they would be excited. Recall KSU had to score 6 runs in their last two at bats to beat us 7-6 in Manhattan. In Wichita we gave them 3 runs in the top of the 1st inning and then tied them from that point on. They still have scoreboard 2-0 on us but probably wouldn't have the warm fuzzy most regional hosts do with that being their 4 seed.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 09:41 AM.

Comment

The team will be gathering at Abuelos to watch the announcement.

Comment

Is there radio coverage of the selection show?
                              “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
                              John Wayne

Comment

Working...
                              X