WSU vs. CU, MVC Tournament Game Thread 9 AM CST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    And seriously, when we're as horrible as we've ever been, we're still better than Creighton. Always have been, always will be.

In honor of their last activity in the Valley, GFY CU.
    +1.

Although I've had a bit more respect for Ed after reading some articles about him and his thoughts on WSU.

But yah, eff em. We got the last laugh, hahahaha.
    Last edited by ShockerFever; May 22, 2013, 02:15 PM.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

MVC! MVC! MVC!
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Creighton will start freshman Austin Groth against WSU because No. 2 starter Nick Musec is out with a bad back. Groth’s presence on the mound appears to be a break for the Shockers. They knocked him out in 4 1/3 innings with nine hits and two walks on their way to a 4-1 victory on May 12. Regardless of how the pitching shakes out, the pressure is on WSU’s offense after it managed seven hits Tuesday.
        Well, for once the offense actually responded -- nice job today, and especially nice to see Coy make an impact. He's capable of being a difference maker. The Shockers who showed up this morning could play for the tournament championship. Somehow they'll have to win three more times tomorrow and Friday to get there, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          +1.

Although I've had a bit more respect for Ed after reading some reading articles about him and his thoughts on WSU.

But yah, eff em. We got the last laugh, hahahaha.
          I have a ton of respect for Ed and what he's accomplished. No ill will there at all.

CU players and their vagina exposed fans can go eff themselves.

Comment

Nice job, Shocks. Could not have asked for a better outcome especially with A.J. going the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I have a ton of respect for Ed and what he's accomplished. No ill will there at all.

CU players and their vagina exposed fans can go eff themselves.
              Bingo.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                  To jump on the coat tails of talking smack on the tournament, here they are drying off the field with a..... couch cushion?

Actually they had several of them. I am not sure it did much good but they would let them get soaked full of water and then carry them off the field and then jump up and down on them to wring them out.

Comment

Not good for the old at-large chances -- I think CU is likely to be on the sidelines until Big East baseball arrives, as Warren Nolan now shows them 64th. If Illinois State wins its way to the finals, they'll probably blow past Creighton and maybe even give themselves an at-large chance.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                      Not good for the old at-large chances -- I think CU is likely to be on the sidelines until Big East baseball arrives, as Warren Nolan now shows them 64th. If Illinois State wins its way to the finals, they'll probably blow past Creighton and maybe even give themselves an at-large chance.
                      The 15th ranked Valley is a one bid league this season. You can't be second best in the 15th ranked league tourney and have an RPI over 60 and expect an at large.

Comment

Evansville eliminates Bradley 4-3 on a walk-off 3-run homer by Kevin Kaczmarski in the bottom of the 9th.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                          The 15th ranked Valley is a one bid league this season. You can't be second best in the 15th ranked league tourney and have an RPI over 60 and expect an at large.
                          If they're second best, they probably won't have an RPI rank over 60. Whether it's good enough would be another matter, and I personally suspect the odds would be against them -- but who knows?

Comment

If they're second best, they probably won't have an RPI rank over 60. Whether it's good enough would be another matter, and I personally suspect the odds would be against them -- but who knows?
                            What?

ISUr has an RPI of 68 and will be at home playing teams with RPIs 125 or higher rest of tourney. They couldn't crack 60 if they won out. There was never an at large chance by any team in the valley despite what the blue jay propaganda claimed before hand. It's a one bid league this year.

Comment

The #3 Regular Season MVC team - STRIKE 1
                              RPI of 68 in the 15th Ranked Conference - STRIKE 2 & 3
                              0-2 Finish in the MVC Tournament - STRIKE 4

There is no chance the CU goes anywhere except to the Big East

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X