No announcement yet.

Shox vs. KState game 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least the pitching grinded it out....after the fluke first that should never have happened, they only gave up 1 more run the rest of the way.

Unfortunately, 2 hits won't beat Friends, which is about where the program is right now.... on par with Friends. Sorry Falcons.

Comment

Hey, at least we are still in 1st place in the Valley of Bad Breath.

Shocks simply did not compete at the plate tonight for the most part.

Comment

As the White Sox announcers say, "He gone!"

Comment

another moral victory. WSU was right there with them all the way except for the fluke defensive play.

Comment

I'm going to nominate K-State for a Cenex 'Tanks of Thanks'...
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

So it looks like those 30+ runs against Bradley proved to be more about Bradley pitching than WSU hitting, for those of you getting squeaky optimistic about WSU's Valley Title chances.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

K-State pitching staff is ranked ahead of WSU (102 vs 104). Remember when WSU had an elite pitching staff that ranked in the top 10 or 15.......104. Looks like Kemnitz is on all expensed pay vacation at the expense of WSU and the fans.

K-State is ranked 27th in scoring offense. WSU offense is 85th (helped with their weak schedule).

The victory also completed the fourth sweep of WSU since 2005, while the Wildcats won in Wichita for the first time in three years.

Comment

I don't know what it is with giving up crooked numbers in the early innings, but we seem to have done a pretty nice job of putting ourselves into a hole from the get-go all season long. A fluke defensive play results in a 3-run HR, but take that away and Bayliff's leadoff double in the 8th and subsequent run puts us right there. Even in the Pitt series, we made late inning comebacks, but it's tough to overcome multi-run deficits like that.

Comment

Were there really 3200+ at Eck last night? Looked pretty sparse on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDave View Post
                      Were there really 3200+ at Eck last night? Looked pretty sparse on TV.
                      No. Maybe 1000 and 700-800 of those were wearing purple. WSU reports tickets sold and not tickets used for games.

SB Shock has a feel for the number of season tickets sold, IIRC something like 2,500-2,800 and the difference is the walk-up sales. I will say this, in the RF box seats, there were no more than 20-30 people who actually hold those tickets sitting there. In the 3B box seats, there were a lot of purple-clad folks, probably parents and friends of the KSU team.

BTW, kudos to the KSU fans for supporting their team. They are having a decent (for them) season.

--'85.
                      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

When I first turned the game on they had a shot of the crowd behind the plate, looked like they were using a camera in center field. I promise it looked like there were about 10 people in the bleachers behind the plate area. This is what shocker baseball has become. nobody cares. sad

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                          When I first turned the game on they had a shot of the crowd behind the plate, looked like they were using a camera in center field. I promise it looked like there were about 10 people in the bleachers behind the plate area. This is what shocker baseball has become. nobody cares. sad
                          It was very cold last night, that strong north wind was a killer. I left after the 6th inning and watched the last couple of innings on TV. The crowd was pretty sparse last night but there was actually a pretty good crowd on the outfield hill.

Comment

In fairness, the weather this spring for home games has been BRUTAL. Last night was miserable, and I only lasted a few minutes before hitting the road.

The only "good" days I can remember were the weekend series with ISUr (I believe) when a certain other program was competing in Atlanta.

Comment

It was pretty brutal last night. I did manage to stay for the whole game, but there weren't too many of us left in the stands by the time the game ended. There were however a lot of people up in the sky boxes and the all-america club. This season would have been a good one to either get a sky box or an all america club membership.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                                It was pretty brutal last night. I did manage to stay for the whole game, but there weren't too many of us left in the stands by the time the game ended. There were however a lot of people up in the sky boxes and the all-america club. This season would have been a good one to either get a sky box or an all america club membership.
                                ... or to take up a new hobby.
                                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                                X