Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shox vs. Redbirds 3 game series to open Valley play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shox vs. Redbirds 3 game series to open Valley play.

The Shox open up Valley play with one game tonight and a double header on Saturday starting at 1 pm.

The score in tonights game is 1-1 after 2 innings. The Shox left a guy on third in the second.

Shox go up 2-1 in the third on a single by Bayliff with 2 outs. Baker had doubled in front of him and scored on his hit.

Comment

After 3, the Shox lead 2 to 1, but the Shox could have a bigger lead. They have left men on base in every inning so far.

Comment

Shox win a walkoff in 12 innings, 4-3. Bullpen was nails tonight.

Comment

Albert and TJ were awesome.

Comment

whats the record this year for the team?

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
              Albert and TJ were awesome.
              Agreed. They held Illinois St scoreless over seven innings. Albert seemed to get strike outs when he really needed them. It was good to see the bullpen have such a good game.
              Last edited by shox1989; March 30, 2013, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                whats the record this year for the team?
                They are 15-11 overall and 1-0 in Valley play.

Comment

Tomorrow's double header has moved been moved up to 1 pm to make it possible for Shocker baseball fans to at least catch the second half of the basketball game. I really think they should have started the games a 11 am so that people could really watch all 3 games.

There will be no baseball game on Sunday.

Comment

While I'm gone this weekend someone fix the wifi. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                      They are 15-11 overall and 1-0 in Valley play.
                      I remember when women's basketball was struggling early and there was some bailing on the Wheatshockers. They turned it around...so can this team.

Comment

I will add that Bayliff had a good night at the plate. He went 3 for 5 with a rbi. He also scored a run and walked once.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          I remember when women's basketball was struggling early and there was some bailing on the Wheatshockers. They turned it around...so can this team.
                          I'll bite. Sure this team can do a 180, I say the odds of doing this however and actually making the tourney is at 10 percent.

The gold standard used to be 40 plus wins, either a regular season and/or MVC tourney championship and making the regional championship game in the NCAAs or better.

Now we are relegated to hoping to finish the season a few games over .500, pray we don't get swept by KU or KSU and hope our post season ticket is punched by winning the Valley Tourney. Oh and hoping they can turn things around. Whoopdeee-freekin-doooo!

What a gip.

Comment

Yawn!
                            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                              You are evidently new to the baseball boards.

Maybe we can turn this around and miraculously go 14-7 or so in the MVC. It's also not impossible that we can get lucky for a weekend and win the MVC Tournament. That's all the best case scenario. That also lands us with a 100ish RPI, a 4 seed in a regional, and continued sliding revenue/attendance.

That is not what we pay Gene $550k to do. All of us here love Shocker baseball and recognize that we are just treading water (or drowning) until someone new can take over.

Comment

Working...
                              X