Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shox vs. Redbirds 3 game series to open Valley play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shox trailing 3-1 in the bottom of the 4th in the opener of today's doubleheader. Had the bases loaded with 1 out in the 2nd- Dearman struck out looking on 3 pitches and Harbutz lined out to left.

Gardner not having one of his better days. 4 IP, 3 ER, 6 H, 1 BB.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
      You are evidently new to the baseball boards.

Maybe we can turn this around and miraculously go 14-7 or so in the MVC. It's also not impossible that we can get lucky for a weekend and win the MVC Tournament. That's all the best case scenario. That also lands us with a 100ish RPI, a 4 seed in a regional, and continued sliding revenue/attendance.

That is not what we pay Gene $550k to do. All of us here love Shocker baseball and recognize that we are just treading water (or drowning) until someone new can take over.
      You are right that I'm a completely casual baseball fan. I was just under the influence of some good basketball times and might have ventured outside of where I belong.

I was really only looking at the 15-11 as opposed to the .500 record and trying to add a little sunshine. Not that they would be nationally relevant, but that maybe they wouldn't be abysmal. Maybe these times have entered that place where the sun don't shine...

Comment

Shox lose game 1 today 7-3. Start off game 2 with a 5-0 lead in the first.

Comment

Now up 6-0 after 2 complete innings. Second game looking much better than the first one today.

Comment

Shockers up 8-0 after 3 complete innings. I think the Shox woke up between games.

Comment

Ladwig looks really good today. And the defense has turned 2 double plays to help him out. Going to the bottom of the 4th and the score is still 8-0.

Comment

After 4 complete innings, Shox still lead 8-0. The 4th inning was the first one where the Shox didn't score in this game.

Comment

The Shox still lead 8-0 midway thru the game. Ladwig has 6 strike outs so far and is looking pretty good.

Comment

The Illinois outfielder makes a great running catch on a long Coy fly ball to keep the score at 8-0. The Shocks had 2 runners on base at the time. If he doesn't make that catch the Shox go up 10-0.

Comment

AJ Ladwig comes out to pitch the sixth. He has been looking very good today.

Comment

I spoke too soon about Ladwig. Illinois St has started to get to him. The score is now 8-1. Redbirds have runners on 1st and 3rd. Ladwig is still in.

Comment

8-2. Cody Bobbit makes a great snatch to hold them to one run so far. Runners on 1st and 3rd now with 2 outs. Ladwig still pitching.

Comment

Ladwig going out, it appears La Brie is coming in.

Comment

La Brie ends the inning, the Shox still up 8-2 going to the bottom of the 6th.

Comment

After 7 complete, Shox up 10-2.

Comment

Working...
                                X