2024-25 Off-Season/Fall Ball Discussion and News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the article
    I had this discussion with a couple of athletic directors and big-time head coaches last week. There have been discussions about conferences setting mandatory scholarship limits for every team within their specific leagues.

* Multiple SEC coaches believe they will sit anywhere from 23-25 scholarships when the dust settles.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      This academic year is a roster limit of 40 with the number of possible scholarship student athletes increased from 27-32. Each of the student athletes receiving scholarship assistance must receive at least .25 scholarship assistance with no more than 11.7 total allowed.
      Not sure how much it helps to expand the number of players eligible to receive a scholarship by 18.5% without expanding the number of scholarship equivalents allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Old School "Shocker" View Post
        I agree if Claggs came get him to figure out his control it is a GameChanger. If anyone can it’s Claggs.
        Based on what, exactly?

Comment

I feel like Cleggs helped improve Favors control and N Adler and think his work with LaPour was pretty good.

Comment

I feel like Zang is a much better comp in this case. I'll hope for the best along with you, I just want to see the proofs.

Comment

Should I be excited about the pitching tonight or worried about the hitting?

Comment

I think there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic about the quality of depth and the situational options of this staff.

Brady Hamilton looks fantastic and he looks like he's matured from a nervous freshman in late March, to a solid sophomore by season's end, to a well prepared late season junior now.

Jace Miner was always talented but I think he's found "it" with Claggs. He's going to have a big year. Dobbs and Adler can just pitch. They're not going to knock the bat out of your hands with velocity, but they're going to pitch and make you work, moving it around and be really tough to square up often.

Mulamekic and Mulhollon both have work to do but both have a lot of ability and upside, and they both are plenty capable of helping right now anyway.

In the pen, Caleb Anderson has taken a big step forward. Hunter Holmes will be even better in the spring. Jeremiah Arnett and Drew Iverson are better and should help. Munz and Mount can help situationally at least. Nick Potter will like be high 90s next spring (he's been 97 fairly regularly this fall). There's one more kid that comes at you low that is low to mid 90s too. Trying hitting that sometime.

Then you've got a guy like MJ Seo, who, if he can figure things out, is mid 90s (93-96FB) with a killer 88 slider, down and hard. If he can stay healthy, continue to develop and get it, he'll help plenty early and has every potential to be lights out in May and June.

And I'm not even mentioning Zang or the 2 freshmen, Umbarger & Langbehn, 2 guys that I like a lot and wouldn't surprise me in any capacity. All 3 have the arm talent to be all conference at some point. That doesn't mean they've figured it out or are ready at all right now, just that the talent is there.

And I'm certainly cognizant of the fact that I am optimistic when it comes to this program. However, if you look it up, I believe I thought we were around mid teens in wins going into February this past season. I was dead wrong. Maybe I'll be dead wrong again, on the other side, but I doubt it. Healthy, this team is going to be good.

I'm not terribly concerned about the hitting. I think we're going to run and take extra bases and steal all over the place.
                Last edited by WuDrWu; 1 week ago.

Comment

Have had a very busy Fall and haven't been able to make it out to the yard yet. Appreciate all the updates from anyone that's been able to take in some innings.

Comment

So how many kids are getting new trucks from our NIL? I don’t think that’s what that $$ should go for. How about school and living expenses or food. I mean we are not even a regional baseball team and average players are getting cars better than so adults that actually work and contribute to society. College athletics is becoming a joke.

Comment

So how many kids are getting new trucks from our NIL? I don’t think that’s what that $$ should go for. How about school and living expenses or food. I mean we are not even a regional baseball team and average players are getting cars better than so adults that actually work and contribute to society. College athletics is becoming a joke.
                      While I agree with you, it IS a joke, you can't really fault a car dealership that wants to "free lease" one of their cars instead of forking over cash. Much better deal for the sponsor, financially.

Comment

OU schedule came out. Looks like we only have 1 game with them in Norman on Tuesday April 29th

Comment

OU schedule came out. Looks like we only have 1 game with them in Norman on Tuesday April 29th
                          Now that they are in the SEC, I don't expect we'll see OU in Wichita ever again unless we manage to host a regional.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Now that they are in the SEC, I don't expect we'll see OU in Wichita ever again unless we manage to host a regional.
                            They are too “Elite” for us now? KU and KSU want that to be true too. Maybe OSU too.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X