2024-25 Off-Season/Fall Ball Discussion and News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Cool video, but what does it mean? Is that the new wheat woody?
    Apparently it is. No wheat though. I really liked the wheat woody. Perhaps only the fanatics on Shockernet realized what it signaled.

Should we get a billboard going. Bring Back The Wheat Woody!

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      See: https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...26#post1455010

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Answers a question I had also…

Comment

347 likes, 6 comments - goshockersbsb on September 12, 2024: "Coach Green at the @kansasstatefair Pronto Pup Eating Contest ?".

Comment

Driving around today, just happened to catch HCBG on Shane's show around noon I think. I can't remember everything, but if I heard correctly, starting tomorrow, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays will be 7 inning scrimmages open to the public. I think normally starting at 2-3 in the afternoon but tomorrow might be 1 o'clock? He seemed very upbeat as to the prospects of this team. Feels like they have a lot of options to go left right throughout the lineup as needed. Likes the pitching. Excited to get into the dugout with Grant Adler. Loves the leadership of the returning guys, especially Mo and Jordan who have taken control of things. Said they might have some thunder at the back end of the bullpen.

I just went to the roster to check spelling and noticed the 2025 roster is up (kind of) with just returning players listed (23 by my count). Brian said 24. Not sure what to think about that difference. Notably (to me at least) missing is Trevor Lee. Big, talented RHP perhaps has stepped away from the game, maybe due to injury? Hope the young man finds good health and a place to develop his limitless talent.

No newcomers are listed as of yet on the '25 roster.

Brian mentioned Owen Washburn (transfer from Texas Tech) as someone that would definitely have a role on this team. Said the same thing about Arnad Mulamekic (transfer from Siena).

Talked about Jordo moving to the outfield and being more comfortable there and how he is capable of .375 and 20 next spring.

Sep 21 to Lincoln to play the Huskers. October 19 DBU comes here.

Understands the importance of the portal but doesn't want to have to rely on it. It's there to fill holes. Doesn't think it's part of his culture.

Said something about Durnin being injured and they got Eric Fernandez from Miami to plug that hole. If I heard correctly (I'm sure I did) that is unfortunate.

He's definitely excited about this team. Liked the culture last year, but likes the lineup better this year. Looks like they've been together 5 or 6 years instead of 2. This team is left and right, fast, good defensively....stopped short of saying they could be great, but you can hear it in his voice. More velo in the pen. Will be fun to watch. (all his words, not mine).

Expect more execution baseball. We were 68% R3<2outs and need to be 75%. This team is built for that. More athletic. Friday night games are won 3-2 or 5-4 on getting a runner home with a ground ball up the middle in the 4th inning.

Reiterated practice is open to the public. Thursday and Friday scrimmages around 3-330 and Saturday more towards midday. Encourages fans to attend. Awesome!
              Last edited by WuDrWu; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Anyone go watch the scrimmages last weekend?

Comment

1011 Now - Nebraska Baseball exhibition with Wichita State canceled

The Nebraska baseball team’s exhibition with Wichita State has been canceled due to the threat of inclement weather on Saturday afternoon.

The exhibition game against the Shockers will not be rescheduled.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Anyone make it out to the Cowley scrimmage? I was hoping to but wasn't able to make it work.

According to twitter the Shocks led 7-0 after 7 innings and the final score was 12-9, meaning Cowley won the final 7 innings 9-5. Would be interesting to know who pitched the first 7 innings for the Shocks and who pitched the final 7 innings.

Comment

I’ll update later.

Comment

Ok, I am going to have to do this from memory. If I check and find mistakes, I will correct later.

I believe we started Mo at catcher, Josh Livingston 1B, Cam Johnson at SS, Jordan Black at 3B, Lane Haworth in LF, Kaleb Duncan in CF and Jordan Rogers in RF and I'm pretty sure Owen Washburn was at 2nd. Jaden Gustafson was the DH.

And I'm just going to tell you now, I don't remember a lot of how we scored, so I'm not going to provide a lot of detail there.

Brady Hamilton started and went 2 very clean innings. 0 hits and I don't remember any walks.

Tyler Dobbs pitched the next 2 innings. Again, no hits but did struggle with his command.

I think Caleb Anderson pitched the 5th and he was ultra sharp. Sic good.

Jeremiah pitched the 6th and gave up the first hit, a single and a loud out but no runs.

Transfer Nick Potter finished the first "game" (they took a break after 7 and redid the lineups but kept the score) and he has a live arm. 95-97. Cowley did square him up a couple of times and he wasn't in command of all his pitchers, but he can zing it in there.

It was maybe 7-0 at the end of the first half.

Grant Adler pitched the first 2 innings of the 2nd half. Looked like his velo was down from '23 but he was moving it around pretty well. He did give up a solo bomb for Cowley's first run of the game.

Jace Miner pitched the next 2 innings and he was razor sharp. He may have K'd all 6 men he faced. That was nice.

Arnad Mulamekic pitched the 12th. He wasn't as sharp but got out of the inning with no damage. He's not a top 7 arm but he'll eat innings and get guys out.

Michael Mulhollon pitched the 13th and just couldn't find the zone. Got 2 out but went walk, walk, hpb, walk to plate the 2nd run. Drew Iverson became the first sub during an inning and he got his guy.

I think it was 11 or 12-2 going to the bottom of the 13th. Cowley had 1 homer, 2 singles for sure and 2 other hits (5 for sure) through 13 innings. Our pitching was fine. I have absolutely no idea who they sent out in the 14th or what in the hell happened to give up 7 runs.

Through 13 innings, the staff had to have at least 20ks (I'm thinking around half the outs were Ks).

2nd half lineup was really tinkering. Jordan Rogers started in center, Callahan at 1B, Gannon Snyder was in right. Carson Beavers was in left. Brock Lulewicz was at 3rd. Cole Dillon caught. Kind of think Zeb Henry was at 2nd and Eric Fernandez was at SS.

But I know Melvin Blocker and Nico Rodriguez both batted as well.

Jordo hit the ball hard several times. Gus looked good with the bat. Certainly the older guys looked a lot better at the plate. Kaleb Duncan is white hot fast. He ran down a blooper in center I couldn't believe. We will take a ton of extra bases. Jordan Black is a freaking tank out there.

We're going to have to hit a little more (Cowley pitchers weren't bad, in fact at least 2 were 94-95 FBs) but we will run all over the place and put pressure on defenses constantly, especially with the way we take any pitch inside.

Comment

Thanks for update. I was able to find the games on GameChanger. Game one pitching was spot on. I think we will pitch. Not sure we have a LaPour or a Favors type arms, but have guys that will throw strikes and compete that are at the front of our staff. Didn’t get much opportunity to hit as Cowley was not throwing many strikes. Game 2 was not good for us. Not a lot of offense and the last few pitchers were not good.

Not sure what to take away. I guess we technically won the 14 innings. Won game 1 lost game 2. Team definitely needs to improve fast. Looks like we need to definitely fill some big holes from the guys that left. Hopefully they take a big jump.

Comment

Working...
                                X