Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 34 man roster limit plus full schollys coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
    Why can't the university wave tuition for scholarship athletes?
    Probably could, but really a scholarship is a form of tuition waiver, but it comes with recognition. Also, from a fundraising standpoint, you can ask wealthy donors to help award scholarships and it comes with prestige. Wouldn't feel the same if you ask them to cover waivers or coupons. Lol
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Yup. It's all a shell game with a slush fund.
      Some folks just have a lot more shells and slush than others.

Check this slush out: https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...90#post1453190

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
        Is there an actual cost to the university as far as classes go? It seems to me that classes are a sunk cost anyway. Why can't the university wave tuition for scholarship athletes? Does it really add a cost to the university? Now that the schools can pay athletes directly it seems to me this would be the way. I admit I could be naive, but if it is all a shell game anyway, then why not?
        That was what i was trying to get at. Its not actual money going out the door (tuition). Its all an accounting thing.

I'm sure there are the legal complexities that it has to appear like the athletes aren't being treated differently but doesn't feel like its about coming up with more money for the tuition part (room/board/books/NIL is a different story)

Comment

Working...
        X